Any Advice Whether Anyone Thinks My Cat Is Pregnant?

Kittymawma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
New here. This is my first time ever dealing with a, presumably, pregnant cat. I have no idea how old she is, she was a stray that adopted us a few months ago so I decided I'd feed her. (Didn't want her to starve) So she is an outside cat only. I've tried twice to bring her inside but she just pees wherever she wants so I just let her stay outside. I bring her in to hangout inside every so often but she loves the outdoors. We have a large shop connected to our house she's able to get in and out of also. So with that being said I have no idea how far along she is if she is indeed pregnant. She's a small cat but seems to have been the same size since she arrived so I don't know if she's a kitten or just a naturally small cat. A neighbor near by always seems to keep an abundance of stray cats on his property so it's not impossible she found a mate. I hadn't noticed any signs of her being in heat ever either. I've been researching like crazy for a few days and always come to forums on this site so I've decided to take pictures and ask here
20180314_091124.jpg
20180314_213203.jpg
20180314_213354.jpg

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she’s pregnant. Please find a way to keep her in. If you keep her in a small area with a litter box filled with dirt, she should adapt!

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Surely seems pregnant to me. Thank you for taking care of her! I hope you are able to keep her inside or at least safely near your home for her to give birth in and to keep an eye on her babies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An unspayed cat who has been near an unneutered male is almost certainly pregnant. Especially in the spring (but it's possible at any time). Cats are very fertile.

Keep her inside until the kittens are weaned and she's spayed. Cats can get pregnant again right away after giving birth, plus you probably don't want to raise orphans in case something happens to her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittymawma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've got a place in our shop set up for her. We had an old smaller sized animal crate so I bought a bed and put it in there for her and covered it with a blanket. She seems to enjoy that. I'm thinking about getting a box and making a nesting area for her as well though. Do you think that's a good idea or will she just use the bed as her nest? I've thought about trying to get her to stay inside again because I'm terrified she'll have the babies somewhere outside of the shop or house.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that sounds like a great set up. She absolutely needs to stay inside now.

Kittymawma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you think she's pretty far along?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s hard to say, but she looks like she still may have 2-3 weeks to go. Thanks for caring for her. Keep us posted! :)

Lulu5060

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Whatever you do, don't let her outside until she's fixed. My husband let our pregnant cat outside and she went missing for 3 days before coming back and giving birth to premature and stillborn kittens. Keep an eye on her so she doesn't hurt herself or have any complications. She should give a warning when she is about to give birth, but cats are different.

Kittymawma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's still technically outside mostly inside but I'm going to work on getting her inside this weekend and keeping her inside. I've gotten some great advice. Thank you ask for taking the time to give me some input.