Any additional pilling suggestions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twocoastscat

Crabbycat
Young Cat
Purraise
He would need vaccinations but now that we know he’s had resorption and teeth pulled he’ll also need dental exams and/or procedures. Even with medication prior to the visit I would anticipate him still requiring sedation. I am not familiar with feral traps. If one would avoid having to remove him from his carrier in order to sedate him it could work. I have given up on disguising his pills. If something works once it won’t the next time - even benign stuff like Miralax. It’s actually just easier to get help holding him and just pilling him or using a syringe for liquid meds.

Last edited by a moderator:

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wouldn’t use a trap. It will freak him out even more. I don’t know if I had suggested to you to use a feliway sprayed towel to cover his carrier for the trip.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twocoastscat

Crabbycat
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes thanks you did. Good point. We are going to get a new carrier that allows access from the top and try your suggested strategy but I’m having trouble finding a cat-only vet who will take him. Once they hear that he would have to be sedated for an exam - and I don’t want to lie plus it’s in his records that they request- they are deferring. I am considering a home vet visit if I can find someone. I would still administer the gaba and trazodone to him before the visit but I’d think full sedation in the home would not be possible. I do use Feliway around the house and have used it in his carrier though I have never actually seen much effect on him. He’s healing from the dental surgery and any medication we’ve needed to administer has been liquid in a syringe and I’ve gotten that into him without a problem.