Anxious about cats surgery site

Adrian6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s been about 5 days now since my cat got spayed, since then shes been eating and using the litter as necessary. She can sleep comfortably as well. Her incision site has become a little bit red but is not bleeding, I see this change and It becomes so easy to come to conclusions that keep me anxious. While I understand that the vet can get this checked out and I have made an appointment for tomorrow, I also didn’t want to stress her out and potentially worsen her condition considering how much she hates the long car ride to the vet. Are there any symptoms or signs I should look out for specifically?

I took these pictures yesterday and she had these bruising marks since she got back from the vet last time, today it’s a slightly darker hue of pink closer to red

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Everything looks about normal for a 5 day spay to me. You are typically looking for pus leaking or reddness that is spreading out. You can also send photos to your vet for peace of mind (usually).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adrian6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Everything looks about normal for a 5 day spay to me. You are typically looking for pus leaking or reddness that is spreading out. You can also send photos to your vet for peace of mind (usually).
Thank you, it only really seems to have become a darker shade of pink since then and does not emit any kind of foul odors, her behavior has only been improving and she does not get defensive about it. I’m going to rest a little easier but I’ll keep an eye out for now