antioxidants

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi - is it worth it to put 15 yr old with early dementia (yowling, wanting to eat a lot but not otherwise 'demented' or diagnosed officially as hyper-T) on antioxidants, or ?? Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How would lower phos. food help please? Thx

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, definitely - bored all of you with everything around hyper-T mos. ago and more recently, but numbers are still lowish (T4) and he's been off fish, etc. for a year... just likes eating all the time so hasn't lost wt and probably gained some... and I'm a sucker :).

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Never heard of it - and I'm not sure Echo has (changed his name back :)), hasn't shown any interest in any music... tho' likes to watch cat movies on TV :hellocomputer:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is RelaxMyCat, Musicforcats, and Spotify and YouTube have harp music for cats, and some music has purrs in it :)

Last edited:

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I don't purr with him after he eats, and brush him, he gets so mopey (and noisy!).

So should he get antioxidants? Just trying to save my sanity again :lol:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
According to that article it's considered a good thing, it's not a long one but talks about a couple in particular 👍

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, just don't want to waste my time/money or Echo's patience... it's meant to be for his mental/emotional state, not the Hyper-T thing. Will see how things go I guess, maybe research a bit more.

Don't you ever sleep? Do you read everything here? Wow!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, to recap, antioxidants have health benefits, cat music along with your purring has mental and emotional benefits, and, you are never boring ❣

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh ok (and thx for all your kind words) - I really asked orig. re anti-ox's cuz I read they were good for dementia, but realize of course that they're just the latest thing for all of us and for all our issues, not that specific otherwise. I really need to get a life! Also gonna get nosy here - would there happen to be a personal reason you may not be sitting with a drink, lots of other people and hanging out here (like me) today? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours but only if my e-add's handy - or do a PM and I'll reply :biggrin: (nothing nefarious here,
just nosy like I said.:lol:

Oh and PS - had a beautiful cousin (terrific pianist) who moved to Colo. couple of decades ago, and passed on about one decade since.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LoL! I'm actually watching a (very bad) football game, ---we Denver Broncos paid WAY too much for a quarterback who literally throws interceptions all the time (sigh), some yummy eggnog and homemade shortbread cookies :yummy:

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, hope they win! I'm mostly a baseball fan - Toronto Blue Jays (won Series in '92+3). And thank you, I'll have some nog and cookies too :) I'm pathetic - not on FB, IG or any of those, so just do PMs with a few forum people. and e-mail otherwise.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your cousin wouldn't recognize some parts of Colorado, but some of it is still fantastic ❣

I was rooting for the Jays this season but they didn't quite have it. Maybe next year 🤞

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was in Boulder... anyhow, nice to have had a break here from gawdawful old TV!