Antagonizing...

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep me again with another question.

Jasper my Orange tabby male that i have had since he was a kitten has been acting like a little brat when relating to Audrey.

He is all cute about it most of the time approaching her calmly and gently until she hisses at him. Last night he started somthing new....

He was digging in her litter (since she never leaves me room I had to put one in there) and I thought okay he did somthing in there so I get the bag and go to clean it.

Jasper is laying in the litter and won't move. I had to pick him up and put him outside the room before I could clean the litter.... then to my amazement, no mess in the litter at all. He just dug and laid there

Is he trying to tell Audrey "Hey if you don't play with me I am going to keep you from pooping" or is it a dominance issue?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes they do that. How old is Jasper?
My senior Joji used to do it when the litterbox was in my room.

Once the box was put beside the others, Joji has not been resting in it or in any other box. I still have no idea why she did it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jasper is just over a year old, he sits in the litter and digs and braces himself if I try to get him out (kinda like how you would brace yourself against a doorframe if somone was trying to push you through a doorway)

Its almost like he is saying "This is mine, go find your own"