Another successful adoption!

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we got our foster cat several weeks ago, she was very stressed and fearful. She would hiss and snap at me a lot.

They pulled her from Petfinder and we worked hard with her. Feliway, Pheremone collar, lots of handling, etc.

A few days after putting her back up on Petfinder, a nice lady and her retired parents applied to adopt her. Our foster cat Peaches is a Siamese mix and this family loved Siamese cats.

The home sounded perfect for her, nice and quiet, lol. She survived in our chaotic home, but I'm sure that a quiet home would be a better fit for her.

As soon as the adopters saw her, it was love at first sight. She snuggled into their arms peacefully and they exclaimed at what a pretty cat she is.

It was so rewarding to rehabilitate a stressed out cat and see her settle in with good adopters.

Now on to the next cat! Saving lives is sure fun!!

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's awesome to hear, @Crazy4Strays

I like how a lot of the members here walk the walk, you know? It's not just talking about helping cats, you guys actually do it. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's awesome to hear, @Crazy4Strays

I like how a lot of the members here walk the walk, you know? It's not just talking about helping cats, you guys actually do it. :)
I just love fostering! It's so rewarding to take a frightened, semi-aggressive cat and help them be adoptable. 

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i'm getting 3 siamese fosters tomorrow. one is a gorgeous flame point but they are all really pretty so i think they'll get adopted pretty quick. i had a beautiful long haired calico foster that went to petco last week and she was adopted the very next day. it's the kittens that stay a while that are hard to give up. i've kept 2 already!

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love happy ending stories! All cats deserve a loving home. I would love to foster, but with 2 dogs and 3 cats that are unfriendly to strange cats and we work all day everyday it just would not work, but thankful of those that can do it. Thank You! 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm thinking that, although I'm only allowed one animal where I live, perhaps when I have to allow Hekitty to go ahead to the Bridge to let the others know I love them, and I'm coming, rather that "getting" another cat, I will foster.  I'm probably going to be up into my 70's by then, and I could easily foster a senior. 

I am thrilled that your little foster girl found just the right family!  YOU ROCK!
See?