Another otc flea treatment horror story

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the noon news just now, the SPCA of Erie County NY has a beautiful cat, 9 month old Zoey.

She was surrendered when her owner gave her canine otc flea treatment! She started to have a seizure, ran out of the house up onto the roof and fell off!!

The owner surrendered her (thank goodness) and the SPCA treated her and she is finally well.

So, hopefully, after being on TV, Zoey will have a new home by the end of the day. That happens a lot around here. They are adopted fairly quickly.

So, please, I know I am preaching to the choir, but if you don't know...never give otc flea treatment to your animals. Get it from your vet.

So many horror stories out there.....

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

On the noon news just now, the SPCA of Erie County NY has a beautiful cat, 9 month old Zoey.

She was surrendered when her owner gave her canine otc flea treatment! She started to have a seizure, ran out of the house up onto the roof and fell off!!

The owner surrendered her (thank goodness) and the SPCA treated her and she is finally well.

So, hopefully, after being on TV, Zoey will have a new home by the end of the day. That happens a lot around here. They are adopted fairly quickly.

So, please, I know I am preaching to the choir, but if you don't know...never give otc flea treatment to your animals. Get it from your vet.

So many horror stories out there.....
Can't be said enough.

Zoey

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ugh, that crap should NOT be allowed to be sold! Both my brother (who knew better and I could have slapped him) as well as my aunt's brother in law have each had to rush their cats to the vet as OTC flea stuff almost killed them. Horrible, horrible stuff. I don't understand WHY they are still being sold!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friends lost their cats and dogs to that stuff.
I tried to stop her but she had already put it on the mom and pups and the mom and a few pups died.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at the store the other day and took all the otc garbage and pushed it to the back and under another shelf.....

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why are they still allowed to make that stuff and sell it. I watched someone recently buying that junk at Wal Mart. People don't believe it when you tell them. We have a coupon basket at church where we put current ones in to share. I always pull out that OTC medication stuff for animals.