Another microfiber couch question...

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I got a new couch today and it's already scratched, I think.
Baylee is front declawed (from ages ago, no flaming) so she's not scratching the couch, but she got a case of the zoomies and was running around the apartment and ran across the couch a few times, kind of digging her back claws into it.

Is there anything I can do to a) hide the marks (they're not deep but they are ugly) and b) to prevent it from getting more scratched up?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And this is a microfiber couch? I'm stumped! Our couches and two lounge chairs are made of microfiber and all six of our kitties have all their claws - and there aren't any marks on any of the furniture! Tuxie even treats the arms of the chairs and couches as a scratching post, and it just doesn't leave marks!

Sorry I can't help!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
100% polyester microfiber, according to the description on the website.
You know how if you put something heavy on the couch, the impression of it will be left there til you wipe it away (with your hand or something)? That's how the scratches look, except they won't wipe away.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I were you, I'd contact the people I bought it from. It sounds like there is something wrong with it, or it's not truly a microfibre couch.

If Laurie's cats can actually use her furniture as a scratching post, then running across the couch like Baylee did should not have left any lasting marks.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no idea. I just hope you can get the claw marks out! Is it possible that a damp cloth wiped across the spot would help(dunno why...just wondering...)?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

If I were you, I'd contact the people I bought it from. It sounds like there is something wrong with it, or it's not truly a microfibre couch.

If Laurie's cats can actually use her furniture as a scratching post, then running across the couch like Baylee did should not have left any lasting marks.
I agree. When I bought my furniature, I was going to get microfiber, but didn't, (this was before we had cats) and after we got them, my Uncle who manages the furniature store I got my couch and chair from said we should have gotten it, as it won't leave any scratch marks.
I would contact them, for sure!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I agree with Hope - you should contact the manufacturer. I'm sure the furniture doesn't come with a "no scratch" guarantee - but there is something wrong there. I know there are different types of microfiber, because one couch we have is gold colored, and it's kind of textured. But here are pics - the gold couch is 2 1/2 years old and the stone colored one is close to that. And Tuxie scratches on the arms - and the back of the arm (and though we clip their claws, Tuxedo is the only one who fights it, so he often has really sharp claws). Plus - because of our living room arrangement, with cat trees behind the sofas, they run across the couches or the backs of the couches and launch themselves off of them all the time.

I'm so sorry this happened to your new couch!

Laurie