Another Dadgum Stray Kitten...

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Before we begin I have no intentions of keeping this one...Just going to foster it until I can find some one to take it.....I have raised and kept two strays already. But now my other cats will not come through the living room to the kitchen to eat! Anyone know if this is normal or what....They act like they are scared to death....!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
Have you had a chance to get the new one to a vet?
Can you feed your other kitties elsewhere since they're so bothered with this one?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Have you had a chance to get the new one to a vet?
Can you feed your other kitties elsewhere since they're so bothered with this one?
This one is not going to a vet as I do not plan on keeping it no way! We have four already and the wife is fuming mad I brought this one home.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Can you find a low cost organization that will take care of deworming, de-fleaing and any other issues that might be going on with this kitty?

I would strongly suggest that you keep it contained away from your other kitties, and not let it roam around in the house.

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you find a low cost organization that will take care of deworming, de-fleaing and any other issues that might be going on with this kitty?

I would strongly suggest that you keep it contained away from your other kitties, and not let it roam around in the house.
It is..I have it in a large pet carrier like the ones you would use for a large dog..It has plenty of room to move around and all....I know I sounded a little mean in the OP but people have to understand that we do not have the finances to take on another cat...It's not that I do not want to keep it.

Well depending on how long I have to keep it my Vet will most likely de-worm it for free as they have done it before on my other two strays....As far as fleas its a little to small for that yet...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Gotcha, you sound like you're doing everything, and thank you - this little feline is SO lucky to have you even if your spouse isn't any too happy :)

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gotcha, you sound like you're doing everything, and thank you - this little feline is SO lucky to have you even if your spouse isn't any too happy :)
She will come around..She is just real sick right now and things that would not otherwise upset her do now....

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I understand, --I'm sending tons of good thoughts that she gets better as soon as possible!
...and if you need to, maybe you can feed your other kitties elsewhere for a little bit so they don't get more upset about the newbie...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. So, if you are keeping this foster in a large pet carrier, but your other cats are too afraid to come through the living room to go eat in the kitchen, exactly where is the carrier? Somewhere in between? Can it be moved a little farther away from their passage to the kitchen, without isolating it too much?

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. So, if you are keeping this foster in a large pet carrier, but your other cats are too afraid to come through the living room to go eat in the kitchen, exactly where is the carrier? Somewhere in between? Can it be moved a little farther away from their passage to the kitchen, without isolating it too much?
Well as I said that they are starting to go back and forth as I write this....I just found the kitten today so maybe it's just nerves on the other cats part..But they seem to be adjusting somewhat now.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
But they seem to be adjusting somewhat now.
Oh, good, that's good to hear - hopefully everyone calms down.
You could try playing some music - classical harp music might even help your wife to feel a little better, and there's an app called Relax My Cat, there's also MusicForCats.com
Try this as an example (I tried to copy just the video but ended up having to copy the post with the video embedded);
Aggressive Resident - It Just Got Real. No Idea How To Help Him.

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just hate having to keep the little thing locked up but its got to be done I guess for his safety and the safety of my other cats.