Another cat introduction thread... again!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh that photo makes my heart so happy. Sounds like still great forward projection. I love the mini- time outs to calm down when you do the small separations.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kakers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night we had to reconfigure nighttime arrangements because Orion wasn't feeling well so he was the only kitty in our bedroom (he's feeling much better today though being monitored closely.) Usually Bastian is also with us with Splenda out in the house and Koa in the guest room. Since Bastian can't be overnight unsupervised with either of the girls we decided we'd put him in the office and let the girls be out together. They were just fine!

We were going to try an overnight with everyone out this weekend but with Orion in the bedroom to monitor his litterbox usage and to keep his food out overnight it just wasn't practical, not a good plan to have a closed door between us and the other cats if they get into a fight. But at least Koa and Splenda were good overnight! They don't get into fights just the occasional swat and chase.

Koa really likes trying to play with Splenda's tail. Splenda isn't the biggest fan lol but it doesn't cause any real problems. Koa also tries to get Splenda to play with her and so far no luck.

20230513_145214.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kakers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It took longer than we hoped but last night we finally had the opportunity to try having all the kitties out overnight. And it was a success! Woke up with all 4 kitties snuggled up to us in bed 🥰. After we woke up and started shifting around Koa and Bastian even both snuggled my husband (her by his chest and him on his legs.) It was wonderful! Bastian and Koa still have some progress to make with getting along but we're getting there!