Another bottle baby

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done it again. I told my husband to bring home an abandoned shop kitten. What am I thinking?!? That I couldn't let it die if it's mother didn't come back to get it
. Please someone tell me this is going to be alright, I will get sleep again... I have printed the orphaned kitten stuff as a reminder, since it has been 6 years. Oh good grief. Anybody in Birmingham, Ala want to bottle feed a kitten? I am only half joking. Or want a tabby? At least if I know I am raising it for someone else, I won't get as attached
! Yeah, right
. I am going to call the rescue, but I know what they will say
!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

I've done it again. I told my husband to bring home an abandoned shop kitten. What am I thinking?!? That I couldn't let it die if it's mother didn't come back to get it
. Please someone tell me this is going to be alright, I will get sleep again... I have printed the orphaned kitten stuff as a reminder, since it has been 6 years. Oh good grief. Anybody in Birmingham, Ala want to bottle feed a kitten? I am only half joking. Or want a tabby? At least if I know I am raising it for someone else, I won't get as attached
! Yeah, right
. I am going to call the rescue, but I know what they will say
!
How wonderful for you to care for this kitten.

Katie

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best of luck with your new little one. He is lucky to find a loving home! Post pics when you can!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she's here! She's a 2-3 week old gray tabby (no white) and does NOT like her formula
. I printed out the refresher course from the link
and she had about 8-10ml from the syringe, and she was tired, so we went potty and she is sleeping on my husband who will also be asleep in the recliner soon
-don't worry, he has lots of sleeping while holding kittens experience
! Of course she is just the cutest!
and I melted right away.She is definitely not shy, especially for a feral kitten! She thinks already that I was put here to serve her and lets her demands be known
! I will post pictures just as soon as I figure out how!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to get the Hartz at Walmart because we don't have a pet store any closer than 30 minutes away, and it was late-really late when you have a two year old who needs her dinner and to get into the bed in an hour
. This isn't what I got the last time from the vet (they had an open one they gave me because it doesn't keep). Any suggestions about making it more appealing? I tried the drop of karo on her tongue, her eyes got big and she licked it gone and that was it. Formula is warm-was doing this about a year ago with human child
. She did wake up about an hour after I fed her-HUNGRY! and finished up what would have been the last few cc's of her meal, but I made her take it (she was purring and kneading and rooting). The last cc or so though, she did lick it herself (am feeding with a syringe with the nipple over the end) but she was done so I burped and wiped and heated rice sock and now she's asleep again. She's teeteed, but not pooed yet.

I thought about making some from the recipe at the kitten rescue site-does anyone know if you add the gelatin before or after the boiled water cools? I assume it is before, but don't want to take a chance being wrong. I may also have a problem finding regular plain yogurt around here-so far all I've seen is nofat(had to look before for my dog
)

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

I had to get the Hartz at Walmart because we don't have a pet store any closer than 30 minutes away, and it was late-really late when you have a two year old who needs her dinner and to get into the bed in an hour
. This isn't what I got the last time from the vet (they had an open one they gave me because it doesn't keep). Any suggestions about making it more appealing? I tried the drop of karo on her tongue, her eyes got big and she licked it gone and that was it. Formula is warm-was doing this about a year ago with human child
. She did wake up about an hour after I fed her-HUNGRY! and finished up what would have been the last few cc's of her meal, but I made her take it (she was purring and kneading and rooting). The last cc or so though, she did lick it herself (am feeding with a syringe with the nipple over the end) but she was done so I burped and wiped and heated rice sock and now she's asleep again. She's teeteed, but not pooed yet.

I thought about making some from the recipe at the kitten rescue site-does anyone know if you add the gelatin before or after the boiled water cools? I assume it is before, but don't want to take a chance being wrong. I may also have a problem finding regular plain yogurt around here-so far all I've seen is nofat(had to look before for my dog
)
May sound crazy but try to look at the gas station stores or the health food stores. I got it at the chevron station
I wish you lots of luck. I think you are special and the kits to have you. I hope your 2 yr old understands and picks up on the things you do. I am like my grandfather and I get told it alot.
He was a very good kind hearted person.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for taking care of this little angel............we'd love to see pics when you can!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you look really hard
, she has her foot over her head in the one I tried to post again. I forgot just how cute they can be
! She is already working on cleaning her feet, and has been investigating my face and trying to rip my lips off with those little claws of hers. The dog tried to clean her today while I was feeding her
, and poor thing, she liked it
! She also purrs alot, especially when she's rooting around on my shirt-she's determined there has got to be something better somewhere on this warm body
! How long does it usually take for a kitten her size (10 1/2 oz.) to eat? I've forgotten, but it seems to me that I could feed and clean 3 kittens in the time it takes this one to eat (45 minutes?!?)
!

Oh, and thank you!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, TCS is cuteness overloaded today w/ pictures of kittens. Must resist, must resist. Anyway, she is a doll!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! You know...I have a family reunion soon in Noank (near Mystic Seaport?)
If you find yourself faltering...

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, no name yet. I think she looks like a Doris, my husband said nope, so we are still thinking. She thinks her name is "MurrruRTT" because that's the sound I make when she's squalling or disturbed and she gets quiet and loookkks at me and calms down
(That's what my cat said to her kittens alot
-seems to work.) We can use every prayer we can get-Thank you
! Especially tonight-It's our turn for the tornados and straight line winds
At least it's not coming through when they thought it would- at 2pm with 80 degrees and the sun shining all morning! Thank you, Lord!