Another bald spot

YouraveragecatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,its me again.One of the stray cats that I take care of got a bald spot near her knees.Only this time it had a little bit of blood along with yellow.I feel its a flea allergy,since she has fleas but I'm worried it could also be ringworm.I cant take her to the vet and my parents wont let me buy flea medication and I've never given her a bath before because I don't know if she will run away.What can I do?

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If it is ringworm, an OTC antifungal like Lamisil will help. No tea tree oil. It does look a little flaky to me, but that does not mean that I can tell you for sure from a picture. Bathing a cat can be tricky. Don't do it if you feel that the cat could hurt you or if you cannot finish the bath sufficiently to get her cleaned and dry. Even a seemingly calm cat can really react to water or the idea of being put into it.

How To Safely Bathe A Cat: The Complete Guide – TheCatSite Articles
This article suggests that you need someone to help you and that it should be done inside a closed bathroom. Trying this outside like you would with a dog is not going to work.

You can get pet grooming wipes from places like Walmart if that would be a better solution. You could also try unscented baby wipes which you can get in the market.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
For the fleas, will your folks let you get a flea comb? With that, you can comb her and after each swipe of the comb, dip it in water and any fleas should fall off the comb into the water. When done, all the fleas should be in the water. You have to repeat this though as eggs will begin to hatch on her. And if she goes outside to pick up more adult fleas, you would need to do this on a daily basis.