Another Ad....sigh

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got a full size ad while reading. Initially, it was almost full page, but I was able to shrink it down to this:
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 5.48.37 PM.png

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does it have a X anywhere? Maybe close it with the x if there is one?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Does it have a X anywhere? Maybe close it with the x if there is one?
This is not the point. We are not supposed to be getting any ads. There has to be a 'glitch' in the system, which admin needs to be aware of. They have requested notifications if we see any.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is not the point. We are not supposed to be getting any ads. There has to be a 'glitch' in the system, which admin needs to be aware of. They have requested notifications if we see any.
They can probably have a look, idk the tech side of things, might be a button or a switch or something idk

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you for reporting this!

Logged in users are supposed to get a limited number of ads. Not zero, I'm afraid. There should be a banner at the top of the page, but definitely not a full-size ad, nor a sticky bottom of the page ad.

Sometimes rogue ads get through and sometimes ads could be coming from another source (i.e. adware virus on the user's computer). I will pass this along to the ad network. If this happens again, please update here. Thank you!