Animal Planet "Cat People"

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Showing now at Animal Planet: Cat People - Description: 3 top competitors make their way around the cat show circuit!!! FUN!!!!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched the show last night. The Orange persian was so lovely. what a coat of fur she had..

ebjazz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So what kind of cat was the winner?? I thought they kept saying Aussie cat but have never heard of one and couldn't find it on the net.

Thanks!!~

Eb

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The overall winner was a Himalayan (Blue point) or Lilac point I think.. The long haired was the lovely orange cream persian. The short haired winner was my favorite a Siamese.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

The overall winner was a Himalayan (Blue point) or Lilac point I think.. The long haired was the lovely orange cream persian. The short haired winner was my favorite a Siamese.
nope - the short hair winner was actually an Occicat... The overall Kitten was the Himmalayan, and the Orange Persian got the best long hair.
The siamese got bumped to second place - he hurt his nose on the cage, and was having attitude problems during the whole show, remember?
I am not 100% sure, but I think the Orange also got best in show.

It was a pretty neat show to watch; I had no idea how cat shows were... This show was the Santa Monica Show.

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know Sybil (that silly Siamese lady <3); she and SillyLilyKitty and I are good friends, actually. SLK actually introduced her to me two years ago, and whenever we were showing cats, we asked to be seated next to Sybil. We also have seen the persian lady, Isenberg (can't remember first name...), quite often. We didn't know her personally, but we've seen her. =)

I was so excited to see Sybil in that program. I saw that a few months ago, and we went to a cat show shortly after that, and I got to talk to her a little about it. She's so crazy. <333

cats13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i love the show. I don't have cable but I watch it on Netflix all the time. I love the white cat, Duffy . im sure lots of people say this, but I believe my cat is the almost a perfect cat. he will let anyone hold him anytime, and you can hold him like a baby and he doesn't care. he has made everyone in the neighborhood love cats. he is just terrified of vaccum cleaners. other than that he is perfect. im glad I got to write and want to say once again that I love the show.

awaiting abyss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hate how Animal Planet is so horrible now... My parents got it back (they got rid of it 10 years ago.. I was so disappointed because it was all I ever watched as a kid) and I have yet to see a good show on there.. :/

I remember it used to have educational shows about animals.. Now its all about humans and even includes animal abuse..

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I rarely watch Animal Planet now.  I used to watch Jackson Galaxy but I guess his show isn't coming back on a regular basis, he did have a holiday show.  I watch Nat Geo Wild or the Smithsonian channel more now.