Angry Pooped On Cat Home From Vet

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista pooped herself at the vet's again and is supremely angry! She was hissing and growling even at me and she never does that. So I managed to dump her into a cardboard box and let her out in my bathroom. She's now in solitary in the bathroom with a water dish and a litterbox (and a pet cam so I can see how she's doing.)

Any idea how long I keep her in timeout until she cools enough for me to clean her? Or is this just keeping her pissed off? I can't let a poopy cat in general population but I can't clean her right now. Tips?

I do have a Cat-In-The-Bag restraint bag. I don't have kevlar sleeves to get her into it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is as much a behavior question as grooming question.

Krista pooped herself at the vet and is also in a very foul, hissing, spitting mood. I have her in timeout in my bathroom.

Any ideas on how long is too long to leave her there and any tips on how to approach the cleanup when I do finally join her in there? She's too messy to release her until she's been pet wiped, practically head to tail.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! How does she look on the cam?
I think the only way to know would be to peek in and "ask" her.

A wash cloth with warm water, or, --since she's in the bathroom, could you utilize the sink in some way? She won't let you pick her up...
She might get mad again but it would be more brief I think.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a half bath with the sink outside the door. If the shower wasn't a tub with a curtain but a shower with a door, I'd toss her in there and hope for the best.

I managed to get her into the Cat-In-The-Bag and she growled and hissed the entire time I tried to clean her. She's either very angry, or she has something sensitive/hurting her on her back/back legs. Maybe arthritis?

Even though she's a short-hair, she's got poop chaps going on. I got some of the mattes out but she got really hurt/angry while trying to get some of the others. If she is hurting, I don't want to hurt her further. I let her out of the bag, dimmed the lights, and lowered the volume on her cat rock. I didn't realize I had it so loud. Anyway, she's grooming herself now. I think maybe she gets it that she's not joining gen pop again until we've got the poop out of her.

Great! Now I smell like poop cat having wrestled with half a cat in half a bag.

Groom away girl! I'll catch up with you later. I like the camera in there. :) That was one of my better ideas tonight.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doh! She's off the camera now. But that means she's not pawing at the door like before.

Ugh! Now I smell like wet poop cat. I should have changed clothes before our wrestling match.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put some food in there for her. A tablespoon of Tiki Cat Ahi Tuna and a tablespoon of Rawz Turkey. She's going to town on one of them. I can't tell which because all I see in the camera is her poop chaps!
:crackup::flail:

Maybe she'll get another groom on after eating.
:anticipation:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s settling down but she’s still crying and hissing if I try to clean off her back legs. But if I leave her legs alone, she’s more herself again. She’s even got a weak trill squeak that melted this warden’s heart. She’s out of solitary but we’re still in lockdown in the office until she’s better groomed or something. Thankfully, that’s what she’s doing right now.

And I’m so happy to report that she finished a second tablespoon of each food. That’ll do, smelly cat. We can feed again in a few hours. Get your groom on so I can let you back out to the rest of the apartment.

Attachments

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We spent the night in lockdown. I got her to eat a few more plates. She's pretty out of it this morning. That's probably because she's got a double bupe dose. I wanted to shift her back to a 6 and 12 schedule after giving her 8pm and 2am doses. So the 6am dose came hot on the heels of the 2am dose (about 2 hours early) but that's where we're at now. That 2am dose should be wearing off and maybe she'll take down breakfast I put out for her.

She's also not quite so smelly this morning. We're out of lockdown. Except for changing out the plates and her bupe schedule, I'll just let her be today.