Angry cat

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello so I have a 1 almost 2 year old cat. She had kittens back when she was a year old and while she was pregnant she got aggressive. And not just the normal hissing and biting she was full on attacking. And ripping skin out. She attacked twice while being pregnant and we had no issues afterwards. Until one day my mom was in our basment and picked up our other(peach) cat which made peach meow. Well that upsetted my cat(reese) and made her attack my mom like crazy. Then a few months go by and my mom is yelling at the cat to not scratch the furniture and Reese went insane and started attacking again. Then yesterday my cat attacked again because my mom was telling the puppy to not pee on the carpet and Reese didnt take this well eiether and climbed up my moms leg and scratched the crap out of her and then grabbed onto my moms arm and ripped her skin. My mom is fine the wounds arent huge but it's scary as hell in the moment and hurts alot. She hasnt really attacked me only when she was pregnant. I've also noticed that if I raise my voice at someone or one of our dogs or other cats she trys to attack what ever I'm yelling at and I kinda have to pin her down and show her it's okay. I think my mom lives in fear now shes constantly afraid that reese will strike randomly. I dont understand why shes doing this she use to be such a sweet kitten always purring and sleeping with me. Shes changed and I miss her, she still cuddles with me now and then and she puts softly but shes not the same cat i use to know

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats, including one of mine, will attack whenever they get fearful. I absolutely cannot raise my voice to my Lola or she will do a full on attack. I think the other cat meowing, your mother yelling or scolding the puppy all set off a fear response on her and she attacks. Talking to her and other pets quietly and calmly should minimize her attacks.

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is not angry, she is scared. You will have to look into your home situation. Other pets, level of noise, interaction with animal. Some homes are more chaotic then others(more high energy, small kids activity) . Like people, different animals thrive in different environments. looks like your kitty is stressed. You will have to find the way and place to give her safe and less stressful (for her) space and maybe time to build her confidence back up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yup she was spayed last month but shes been like this since she was 11 months old

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some cats, including one of mine, will attack whenever they get fearful. I absolutely cannot raise my voice to my Lola or she will do a full on attack. I'm hoping once I move out things will be better for her. I love her so much and would never get rid of her but my mom thinks theres something wrong with her and my mom doesnt like her because she attacks my mom all the time. I know shes not angry and is just fearful but I know my mom wont care to lower her voice. And sometimes reese has attacked without warning like it will be peaceful and you just walk by her and she immediately freaks out and grabs your leg

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
do you have any tips on how I can rebuild her confidence? It's a bit hard to change the family environment EXSPECIALLY with my mom who could care less about how the cat feels. I've told my family and mom that everyone just needs to be peaceful our vet said that reese loves me alot and sees me as her pack mate and that's why she doesnt really attack me but attacks my mom. Who never really cared for her like I did. That's also why she goes after the pets when I yell because she just wants me to stop yelling and wants to know what the issue is. Shes a sweet girl and I know shes scared I'm hoping when I move out things will be better for her. I think she needs a home with just me and our other cat