Angel's Two-year Anniversary

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow, February 5, 2018, will be the two-year anniversary of Angel's passing. As many of you know, his mom, Kelly (angels mommy) let us accompany her on Angel's difficult and brave two-month journey battling lymphoma with numerous posts here on TCS.

Sadly, Angel had to be euthanized when the lymphoma had spread. He was twelve years old, and he and Kelly were together for 6-1/2 years.

Please join me in remembering Angel tomorrow. He brought Kelly a wonderful black cat seven months after he died, but Angel was Kelly's first cat, and will always have a special place in her heart.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Miki. I appreciate the post.
I can't believe it's been two years already!
Sometimes it feels like it, & sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure everyone who's had a loss feels the same way. I pray I never have to go through that again. It was quite a journey, & I learned a lot, but it was a heart renching one to say the least!
Yesterday while I was out, I went to Trader Joe's to buy some flowers in memory of Angel, & some for Sammie & I too! They had some blue hydrangeas, & since that's the plant I bought as a memorial for him on the porch, I bought them. (I brought it in when it started turning cold out, & it still bloomed, & still has new leaves coming out on it!!)
Here is what I got yesterday.
I know my sweet boy will always be with me in spirit. We shared an incredible bond, & he was my soul kitty. He really was something special. :rbheart:
IMG_20180203_151813717.jpg
IMG_20180203_151833088_HDR.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just gorgeous! These bittersweet anniversaries always bring to life feelings that have lain dormant for a while. Although time does bring happy memories more easily to mind, they are still overshadowed on these special days by the lingering grief we will always carry. When the little one was such a huge part of our life, a part of our very soul, it can erase the passage of time in an instant and we return to those dark, grief filled days like no time had passed at all.
As we all find on our journey through grief, life goes on. We are never more isolated as we are when we take that journey into the past, because that past is unchangeable, it is as it is, and forever will be. We HAVE to remember we are a part of the present, we make our own future, and the rest of our lives depend on what we do today. It is hard, but we must embrace life, become a part of it again.
We will never lose the love of those who have left before us, those who have left a mark on our very souls. It is set in stone and will never change.They are a part of us, connected to us through that bond of love, and we gladly carry them within us for the rest of our time here on earth. Do not cry for them when they go, for they are not truly gone. They will always be there, deep inside you, for as long as you live. Feel their presence there in your heart and embrace it, they will spend eternity surrounding you in it.
Celebrate having them in your life, to grieve so means you loved so very much. A love that shall not be hoarded, but a treasure to be shared and to bring happiness to others we meet along the way.
Not one of our babies would want us to live in sadness because of them. Embrace life, embrace love. We can learn to live again, to love again, because we will always have theirs to guide us.
Give Sammie a kiss for me, send one to Angel and tell him you are so thankful to have shared his life and his love.
RIP dear Angel, you were truly an angel sent here to this earth. You live on in a heart that so tenderly carries you forever more.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I too have just past my one year anniversary for my Omelette.Kelly, you know how much all of us shared in your love for Angel!Angel was so very special to you.He will never be out of your thoughts,and will live on in the deepest recess of your heart forever and ever.He is with you today and knows how very much you loved him!All of the beautiful memories will flood your heart whenever you think of him.We all went through that journey with you,and you helped me when I faced Omelette's death.Angel sees the lovely flowers you brought home for him.He sent Sammie to you to try and help you through all of this.All of us here will always remember him.Thank you for sharing all of your experiences.You helped me so very much.Our kitties will live on through us until we will be with them again.My heart goes out to you on this day.Hugs to you and Sammie!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for the touching words. They are appreciated and heartfelt.
Thankfully, I have been fine today. Sammie started me off giving me a giggle this morning. After her breakfast,
I let her out & she did her rolling back & forth on her back,on the porch, like a silly girl!
I certainly didn't think I was ready for another fur baby just 7 short months after losing Angel, but she, & Angel had other plans! I'm thankful that she came into my life & chose me to be her mommy. She helped fill that empty kitty shaped hole in my heart. She's my little sweet & sassy girl! ...Lots of sass! LOL! :dancingblackcat:

This afternoon went & sat at the Dr.s office as a walk in to be seen. I have an appt. next month, but all last week my B.P. had been a little high ...for me, causing occasional lightheadedness, so I wanted to see my N.P.
........3 hrs later, I was fit in. I've been on the same meds for years, so we are going to try a new one, starting tomorrow morning. I'm glad I took a book w/ me!! Got quite a bit of it read today! (Chip & Joanna Gaines Magnolia Story).
I got it for Christmas! :)
So thankfully, the day was full enough to keep me occupied.

Thanks again to all of you for your heartfelt words. :grouphug2:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too have just past my one year anniversary for my Omelette.Kelly, you know how much all of us shared in your love for Angel!Angel was so very special to you.He will never be out of your thoughts,and will live on in the deepest recess of your heart forever and ever.He is with you today and knows how very much you loved him!All of the beautiful memories will flood your heart whenever you think of him.We all went through that journey with you,and you helped me when I faced Omelette's death.Angel sees the lovely flowers you brought home for him.He sent Sammie to you to try and help you through all of this.All of us here will always remember him.Thank you for sharing all of your experiences.You helped me so very much.Our kitties will live on through us until we will be with them again.My heart goes out to you on this day.Hugs to you and Sammie!
Thank you Barbara. I know that Omelette is with you in spirit as well. You did all you could to help her in those last days.
She knows how very much you loved her. Now you have a crazy little kitten running around entertaining you, and making you laugh! There's no better therapy than that! :dizzycat::kneading: