Angel has a lump in her stomach

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel goes in to be spayed on tuesday. I was rubbing her belly earlier and felt like a pea sized lump that moves around, its not hard, feels like a fatty lump and doesn't seem to cause her any discomfort. I will notify the vets of this when she goes on tuesday but does anyone know what it could be?x

Last edited:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Surely the vets could biopsy or just cut it out while she's under for the spray? Makes sense for them to do that then. As for what it is, it could just be a fatty cyst that cats and dogs seem to get quite commonly. Pushy had one removed from his forehead a while ago. There's always that concern about cancer, but no one can tell you without a biopsy. Lucky you have a vet appointment so soon anyway and they can check it out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Surely the vets could biopsy or just cut it out while she's under for the spray? Makes sense for them to do that then. As for what it is, it could just be a fatty cyst that cats and dogs seem to get quite commonly. Pushy had one removed from his forehead a while ago. There's always that concern about cancer, but no one can tell you without a biopsy. Lucky you have a vet appointment so soon anyway and they can check it out.

Thank you, that's what I am hoping they will do, it does just feel like a fatty lump but like you say, always concerning with any lumps.x

finnlacey

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since she's going on Tuesday, I would call on Monday and give them a heads up about it in case they need a little extra time to do the surgery. Just so they know what to look for when you come in and they don't have to schedule it for another time.

finnlacey

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I forgot to ask, is this around one of her nipples by any chance?

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to ask, is this around one of her nipples by any chance?

No its just in the centre of her stomach and moves around, I will phone them tomorrow and tell them, thank you.x

finnlacey

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oh good, just wanted to make sure it's not a breast lump. But yes, I think it's a good idea to give them a heads up. Please let us know how it goes okay?

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh good, just wanted to make sure it's not a breast lump. But yes, I think it's a good idea to give them a heads up. Please let us know how it goes okay?

I will do, thank you, tell you I have never been more worried over a cat and I have 6
 x

finnlacey

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That just shows what a great pet parent you are. I know it stinks to worry but you love her and that's wonderful! I think everything will be just fine. I have a good feeling.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That just shows what a great pet parent you are. I know it stinks to worry but you love her and that's wonderful! I think everything will be just fine. I have a good feeling.

Thank you hun, the vets said to just explain and show the nurse when I take her in the morning and they will take a look before they operate, my mum doesn't think its anything serious.x