Angel goes to be spayed tomorrow

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At long last of waiting for my low cost voucher Angel is going in the morning, I have got to be up at 6.30am got so much to do. Got to take the food up in 40 minutes and water up at 7. I'm really nervous for her and she is such a mummys girl I just hope she won't be too frightened being away from me. I'm really going to miss her and can't wait for the call to tell me all went well and when I can pick her up.xx

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's hard thinking of them at the vet's all alone isn't it? But you know they'll take good care of her. I hope the day goes quickly for you.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: I'm SO GLAD this will finally be behind you! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You're probably asleep now, but as the others have said, just do your best to distract yourself with busy work tomorrow. They'll take very good care of her. :heart3:

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: for you AND Angel! :heart2: :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've taken her, she hated the car journey, she kept sticking her paw right out the bars on the front of the carrier ad tried to grab things and she was crying. The nurse took a look at the lump in her stomach and she said its a very small hernia and that its fine for now but just to keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get any bigger. I can ring at 3pm today to see when I can pick her up. Going to keep myself busy today so hopefully the time will go a bit quicker.x

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate vet visits because l know it stresses them 

Will the hernia correct itself?. Poor baby at least it's nothing to worry about.

Lots of  healthy
coming over, but she'll be fine and soon be back home

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate vet visits because l know it stresses them 

Will the hernia correct itself?. Poor baby at least it's nothing to worry about.

Lots of  healthy
coming over, but she'll be fine and soon be back home

She said that it may do and that they wouldn't do anything about it now, she said its only a cause for concern if you can fit your finger in the hole apparently, I will just keep a close eye, the nurse said while it's this small it isn't bothering her.x

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had wondered about a hernia.

WRT travelling, my cats have always done a lot of car journeys that don't end up at the vets, and with the first two I got them used to it gradually (the vet laughed when I told him how but it was a sort of desensitivation method), so they travel far better than ones that only every go to the vets.  They don't like going in the travel box, but they do settle down and sleep though it takes Minnie an hour or so.

I'm sure she will be fine, and it's a big weight off your mind once she is spayed.

Last edited:

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's home!! Picked her up at 4pm, she is being so loving and so glad to be home. She has got to keep the cone collar on as I felt sorry for her and took it off but straight away she started biting at the stitches, so it will have to stay, I hate them but she seems to be coping fine with it on apart from bashing into the odd thing when she mis judges the size of spaces. Also she ate some chicken earlier and got it all over the collar, I will just have to keep wiping it off.

She's got to go back in 7 days for the stitches to be removed and they weren't at all concerned about the hernia as its so small but she said again just to keep my eye on it and if it grows she will have to have it seen to.

I am just happy she is back, purring away and being so loving.xx

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and forgot to add, she was not pregnant which is a relief after her little escape the other week.x

blueorchid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vibes for a quick recovery :vibes:

Could you take the cone off while she eats or does she immediately start picking at the stitches when you remove it?

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vibes for a quick recovery

Could you take the cone off while she eats or does she immediately start picking at the stitches when you remove it?

Nope she picks them instantly, she is snoozing at the moment so I might take it off and put it back on before I go to bed, I have never needed them before with any of the other cats, I really don't like them.x

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have removed it and she is just snoozing still, so fingers crossed.x

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, had to put it back on she started really biting at them, I'm frightened of her pulling them out, she was really yanking.x

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad your baby is back home and doing well. AND she was not pregnant :D :clap::clap::clap:. Yeah, the cone collar's are a real pain but necessary for the kitties who will not leave the incision alone. Maybe by tomorrow you can take the collar off for a little while and see how she does. Hope Angel is doing well tonight and recovers quickly :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

hobo08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whoo hoo glad she has finally been able to be spayed! I know you were super worried about her being pregnant. Great news! Now miss kitten leave those stitches alone so you do not have to wear the cone of shame. Sending healing vibes!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder why the vet didn't use dissolving subcutaneous stitches?  They don't need removing and there is nothing for the cat to pick at.  With luck she will stop picking at them in a day or two - fingers are firmly crossed!

Last edited:

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so pleased it's over with and she's ok!

Nope, had to put it back on she started really biting at them, I'm frightened of her pulling them out, she was really yanking.x
Sophie was terrible with her stitches!. She actually managed to get her collar off and bit a stitch out when l was at work!. I took her straight to the vet,  but because it had been taken out 4 days after surgery the nurse said she was healiing ok so it didn't need an other stitch, plus she had stitches inside which dissolved. She had to have her cone tied  a bit tighter after that though 

Last edited: