Angel Cats

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mod Note. Some of these posts have been moved from another thread.

I'm totally in love with Olivie! Her beauty, her name, her personality -- what a little charmer!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Olivie is my special little baby; she's a very precious gift. I believe that before my beloved Mon Amie went to the Rainbow Bridge, she passed on some of her magic to little Olivie. Although their personalities are not the same, Mon Amie was very brave and outgoing while Olivie is timid and bashful, Olivie has developed a very magical bond with me. It seems like before Mon Amie went she told Olivie to look after me because I was going to need someone, not as a replacement for her, but a loyal companion to help me through the hard times that lie ahead.

C'est Moi was hunting again today. She caught another birdie, and a large rat!
Looks like we'll have a feast tonight!!
IMG_9327.JPG
IMG_9328 (2).JPG
IMG_9330 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Olivie is my special little baby; she's a very precious gift. I believe that before my beloved Mon Amie went to the Rainbow Bridge, she passed on some of her magic to little Olivie. Although their personalities are not the same, Mon Amie was very brave and outgoing while Olivie is timid and bashful, Olivie has developed a very magical bond with me. It seems like before Mon Amie went she told Olivie to look after me because I was going to need someone, not as a replacement for her, but a loyal companion to help me through the hard times that lie ahead.

C'est Moi was hunting again today. She caught another birdie, and a large rat!
Looks like we'll have a feast tonight!!
View attachment 261331
View attachment 261332
View attachment 261334
Awwww, sure does!
It was like that with my angel Simba and angel Rani, too. Simba came to me from the streets, starving and covered in wounds. I'd feed her and spend time with her because I lived in an apartment where they did not allow cats. Then one day she got treed by a big male. She came inside. Where I already had a rescued cat. Simba was my feline soul mate for 16 years. She passed with her hand in mine. I was devastated. A little while later, we were at our vet with our third rescued cat, getting his treatment for dry-form FIP. The vet tech told me she'd rescued two kittens on the street, adopted one, and did I want to see the other. I told her no, because I was grieving and had no intention of adopting at that time. But I asked about her, and then I did ask to see her, and I took her home. Why? Because my angel Simba's spirit told me to take this kitten home and give her the love I had given HER. That's how my Simba was. Pure love. And though they were different in fur lengths and in personality, Rani was pure love, too, just as loving and unconditionally loyal as Simba.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awwww, sure does!
It was like that with my angel Simba and angel Rani, too. Simba came to me from the streets, starving and covered in wounds. I'd feed her and spend time with her because I lived in an apartment where they did not allow cats. Then one day she got treed by a big male. She came inside. Where I already had a rescued cat. Simba was my feline soul mate for 16 years. She passed with her hand in mine. I was devastated. A little while later, we were at our vet with our third rescued cat, getting his treatment for dry-form FIP. The vet tech told me she'd rescued two kittens on the street, adopted one, and did I want to see the other. I told her no, because I was grieving and had no intention of adopting at that time. But I asked about her, and then I did ask to see her, and I took her home. Why? Because my angel Simba's spirit told me to take this kitten home and give her the love I had given HER. That's how my Simba was. Pure love. And though they were different in fur lengths and in personality, Rani was pure love, too, just as loving and unconditionally loyal as Simba.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Simba and Rani both sound like they were very wonderful cats; Simba wanted you to have Rani in your life because she knew that Rani was a special kitten, and you would be able to provide her with the love that she needed.

Henri passed away from dry FIP in May of 2015; Mon Amie(his mother) passed away from wet FIP 20 days later. Losing them both in that short time frame was(and still is) very devastating. C'est Moi and Olivie were still kittens at the time; Olivie was just a 4 week old baby. I remember being very worried that C'est Moi was going to pass away too, because she grew up with Mon Amie and Henri, and she was very close with Henri. FIP is such an awful disease, I truly hope that someday there is a cure for it. I have a few pictures of Mon Amie in her last days, with little baby Olivie laying next to her. Those pictures are very special to me...I think that's when Mon Amie passed some of her magic on to Olivie.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Simba and Rani both sound like they were very wonderful cats; Simba wanted you to have Rani in your life because she knew that Rani was a special kitten, and you would be able to provide her with the love that she needed.

Henri passed away from dry FIP in May of 2015; Mon Amie(his mother) passed away from wet FIP 20 days later. Losing them both in that short time frame was(and still is) very devastating. C'est Moi and Olivie were still kittens at the time; Olivie was just a 4 week old baby. I remember being very worried that C'est Moi was going to pass away too, because she grew up with Mon Amie and Henri, and she was very close with Henri. FIP is such an awful disease, I truly hope that someday there is a cure for it. I have a few pictures of Mon Amie in her last days, with little baby Olivie laying next to her. Those pictures are very special to me...I think that's when Mon Amie passed some of her magic on to Olivie.
<3 ((((((((^^ ^^)))))))) <3 Sweet Mon Amie and Henri! Watch over you beloveds until reunited in due time. *My heartfelt condolences for your losses!* (0) Yes, my Sun, who had the dry-form, was one for the record books at the time, as he was with me almost 16 years with good diet and veterinary treatment of Immunoregulin and B-12 injections frequently. We also lost a precious baby to the wet-form years later. She seemed fine and healthy for her first series of vax, but since I had lost my Sun to FIP, at that time there was the nasal vax for it, and I thought I needed to get that for her. In no time, she developed the symptoms and the night before we were going to take her in, she passed. She was not yet three months old. I believe the vax took her life and I never had it again for anyone in my care. This vax was controversial then and I pray it's been taken off the market. I was so distraught over my Sun when he let me know he needed my assistance to leave, that the veterinary clinic that helped us made a donation in his memory to research for a cure for this scourge. Of course it has not been eradicated. But I join you in praying for this to happen, soon.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ! Here's a photo of Mon Amie, Henri, and C'est Moi from much happier times(December 2014). I wish more than anything that there was some way that I could go back to that time!
SAM_7600.JPG

The Winn Feline Foundation is a charity that I support. They have the Bria fund in which they are trying to come up with a cure for FIP. I make a donation to them once a year in memory of Mon Amie and Henri.
If your Sun lived 16 years with FIP, that does seem like a record for longevity. I'm sorry that you lost him to that horrible disease, and I'm also sorry to hear about the poor little baby kitten that you lost to FIP as well. Sadly, most cats with FIP succumb to the disease rather quickly...Henri lasted 2 months, and Mon Amie only lasted 2 weeks. Henri initially contracted FIP when he was at the vet being neutered. They had a cat being treated for FIP on the same day that Henri was in being neutered and somehow Henri ended up being infected. How can a vet be so careless!! I remember the day that I went to pick up Henri from the vet, when they told me he had FIP and it was incurable. I asked the girl at the counter about the FIP, and what I could do to make Henri's last days as comfortable as possible. She said that she really didn't know anything about it, and that I could "maybe look it up on the internet". How can someone be so cruel!! Needless to say, I found a different vet to take my cats to after that awful experience. The vet that I go to now is about an hour away from where I live, but it's a cats only practice...which I really like. They have been really great with my cats whenever I've had to take them in for anything; and they also have resident cats who live there, so I can visit with the kitties whenever I take my cats to the vet.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you @tarasgirl06 ! Here's a photo of Mon Amie, Henri, and C'est Moi from much happier times(December 2014). I wish more than anything that there was some way that I could go back to that time!
View attachment 261491

The Winn Feline Foundation is a charity that I support. They have the Bria fund in which they are trying to come up with a cure for FIP. I make a donation to them once a year in memory of Mon Amie and Henri.
If your Sun lived 16 years with FIP, that does seem like a record for longevity. I'm sorry that you lost him to that horrible disease, and I'm also sorry to hear about the poor little baby kitten that you lost to FIP as well. Sadly, most cats with FIP succumb to the disease rather quickly...Henri lasted 2 months, and Mon Amie only lasted 2 weeks. Henri initially contracted FIP when he was at the vet being neutered. They had a cat being treated for FIP on the same day that Henri was in being neutered and somehow Henri ended up being infected. How can a vet be so careless!! I remember the day that I went to pick up Henri from the vet, when they told me he had FIP and it was incurable. I asked the girl at the counter about the FIP, and what I could do to make Henri's last days as comfortable as possible. She said that she really didn't know anything about it, and that I could "maybe look it up on the internet". How can someone be so cruel!! Needless to say, I found a different vet to take my cats to after that awful experience. The vet that I go to now is about an hour away from where I live, but it's a cats only practice...which I really like. They have been really great with my cats whenever I've had to take them in for anything; and they also have resident cats who live there, so I can visit with the kitties whenever I take my cats to the vet.

And in answer: Jayflower Jayflower : Yes, that is a good charity and thank you for contributing to it. I am so very sorry regarding your experience with Henri. I have encountered clueless office personnel in vet clinics as well as human ones before -- more clueless ones than not, actually, and along with the cluelessness seems to go absolutely insensitivity to the feelings of those who pay their salaries. IDK what the problem is but it is pervasive in this society.
Cats-only practices are great and I wish there were a lot more of them. Cats are the world's most beloved companion animal, so there should be! And we and our cats should not have to put up with sitting in the same space as dogs and dog people IMHO. Some clinics at least have cat entrances and spaces, so that we don't have to. There are a couple of cats-only practices locally, and both of them have resident cats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And in answer: Jayflower Jayflower : Yes, that is a good charity and thank you for contributing to it. I am so very sorry regarding your experience with Henri. I have encountered clueless office personnel in vet clinics as well as human ones before -- more clueless ones than not, actually, and along with the cluelessness seems to go absolutely insensitivity to the feelings of those who pay their salaries. IDK what the problem is but it is pervasive in this society.
Cats-only practices are great and I wish there were a lot more of them. Cats are the world's most beloved companion animal, so there should be! And we and our cats should not have to put up with sitting in the same space as dogs and dog people IMHO. Some clinics at least have cat entrances and spaces, so that we don't have to. There are a couple of cats-only practices locally, and both of them have resident cats.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I agree, there should be more cats-only vet practices. That is the main reason that I chose the vet that I'm currently going to. My cats and I do not like dogs, and we honestly don't want to have to be around them...Hotaru likes to hiss at them!

Here's another pic of Henri, Mon Amie, and C'est Moi in happier times-the latter part of 2014. C'est Moi always liked to lay right by Henri because they were best friends.
SAM_7481.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I agree, there should be more cats-only vet practices. That is the main reason that I chose the vet that I'm currently going to. My cats and I do not like dogs, and we honestly don't want to have to be around them...Hotaru likes to hiss at them!

Here's another pic of Henri, Mon Amie, and C'est Moi in happier times-the latter part of 2014. C'est Moi always liked to lay right by Henri because they were best friends.
View attachment 261588
We don't either, Jayflower Jayflower and fams. What a lovely pic. Strange that it didn't come up for me for hours. The vagaries of cyberspace! Anyway, yes, we also prefer the company of feliners :cloud9::dancingblackcat::clapcat::petcat:
scan0018.jpg
My sweet angel Queen Simba, pure unconditional loyalty and love.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Your Queen Simba was a very beautiful tuxedo kitty!! She reminds me of my Olivie; I've seen that same expression on Olivie's face.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I have no doubt, as we are talking about two very sweet and loving cats!
Three sweet angels: Tomo-Taisho, Kinoko-chan and kitten Samuda:redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump:
Those are three more beautiful kitties, and I love their names!! In a way it must be sad having so many angel cats in your life; but it must be nice too, in a way, knowing that you have so many little angels watching over you.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
scan0024.jpg
Those are three more beautiful kitties, and I love their names!! In a way it must be sad having so many angel cats in your life; but it must be nice too, in a way, knowing that you have so many little angels watching over you.
Yes on both counts. Tomo and Kinoko were the beloved cats of a dear friend who took her own life. She left instructions for them to go either to a couple, or to me. The couple deferred to me. Samuda was named after my mom's beloved pedigreed meezer from when she was young, before she came here. Now they are all together, watching over us.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think about Mon Amie and Henri every day, and I'm sure that they are watching over the cats and I now. I just hope that they approve of the way that I care for these three...I try my best for them. When I was a kid, I had a black cat named Pat. He was named Pat because it was hard to tell whether he was a male or female when he was a kitten, so he needed a name that would work either way. He was a loyal friend and companion throughout my junior high and high school years. You may think this is weird, but sometimes Henri and Mon Amie visit me in dreams, and Pat visits me sometimes, too. I only have one picture of Pat; it's a very old photo, I'll have to try and scan it to my computer so I can share it here sometime.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel they are proud of you and very glad that you are sharing the love you gave THEM with other cats who need love and safety! And no, I don't think it's weird at all. My loved ones visit me in dreams. Those are my best dreams.
Hope you can scan you photo of Pat! Some of my "angel cats" are scans, as you probably noticed, from before the internet days. I need to scan others, too, but who knows when I will get to that! in such a hectic life. I was born into a family "with cat" who was already 3 when I arrived, so the cat photos go back to the beginning.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was around cats at a very young age, too. When I was a little kid, maybe 2 or 3 years old, my mom had a black cat named Barney. I remember playing with Barney when I was really little. Barney was a very smart kitty, he knew how to open the doorknobs in the house we were living in at the time. Around that same time, we also had a long haired black kitty named Puff. I remember playing with Puff, too. Unfortunately we didn't have him for very long, I think he got outside and ran away. I think I may have a couple of very old pictures with Barney in them; I will have to get my old photos out of the closet one of these days and check. I'll look for the picture of Pat, too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was around cats at a very young age, too. When I was a little kid, maybe 2 or 3 years old, my mom had a black cat named Barney. I remember playing with Barney when I was really little. Barney was a very smart kitty, he knew how to open the doorknobs in the house we were living in at the time. Around that same time, we also had a long haired black kitty named Puff. I remember playing with Puff, too. Unfortunately we didn't have him for very long, I think he got outside and ran away. I think I may have a couple of very old pictures with Barney in them; I will have to get my old photos out of the closet one of these days and check. I'll look for the picture of Pat, too.
Along with my "big brofur" who was 3 when I was born, a few years later our family adopted a tiny black longhaired kitten boy. He was at least half Siamese, because he was found on the street in back of ours, sitting beside his Siamese mother who had lost her life to a hit-and-run. He had long, silky fur that reddened in the sun, and he was extremely fierce. I loved him very much.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Along with my "big brofur" who was 3 when I was born, a few years later our family adopted a tiny black longhaired kitten boy. He was at least half Siamese, because he was found on the street in back of ours, sitting beside his Siamese mother who had lost her life to a hit-and-run. He had long, silky fur that reddened in the sun, and he was extremely fierce. I loved him very much.
That little black longhaired half Siamese kitten sounds like a little cutie! I would love to see some pictures of him if you have any. That is sad about his mother, though. It's good that your family found him and cared for him.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That little black longhaired half Siamese kitten sounds like a little cutie! I would love to see some pictures of him if you have any. That is sad about his mother, though. It's good that your family found him and cared for him.
TYSM. He was a gorgeous boy! The only photos I have of him are faded out old snaps that probably wouldn't even scan well. He actually lived here in this house -- I have a pic of him up on the master bathroom counter, drinking from the tap, which he loved to do. He was much, much loved.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found this shirt online, and I had to buy it because it reminded me so much of Henri. The picture of the kitty looks like him, and the saying really fits his personality. Henri always did what he wanted, and he knew that he could get away with it. Two of his favorites were knocking over the large glass vases and pulling the flowers out, and pulling all of the books off of the book shelf. He even had a little helper with the books, his little companion C'est Moi. He knew that I would never get mad at him; I would just laugh and say "oh...Henri!"
IMG_9310 (2).JPG
SAM_7892.JPG
SAM_7908.JPG
SAM_7907.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this shirt online, and I had to buy it because it reminded me so much of Henri. The picture of the kitty looks like him, and the saying really fits his personality. Henri always did what he wanted, and he knew that he could get away with it. Two of his favorites were knocking over the large glass vases and pulling the flowers out, and pulling all of the books off of the book shelf. He even had a little helper with the books, his little companion C'est Moi. He knew that I would never get mad at him; I would just laugh and say "oh...Henri!"
View attachment 262029
View attachment 262031
View attachment 262030
View attachment 262032
*AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*! So cute. My Sun used to take the straws right out of my drink glasses. He also loved to swipe pens from the pen and pencil holder. He'd hide these things under the bookcase or refrigerator. It was a lot of fun going on hunts for them! And my Samuda once thiefed a sweater belonging to my Marley, who love to lay on it. I actually caught him on camera doing this, and have a series of (unscanned 35mm) pix of him grabbing a sleeve in his mouth and running with the sweater into another room. I love when they do these things!