Anesthesia And Personality Changes

ehulsebus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,

My 3 and a half year old Ragdoll cat has small mast cell tumors. He has six removed on Wednesday. He normally is under a conscientious sedation to have these removed, but the vet decided to put him fully under because of the amount he had to remove.

Well, he has been weird every since. It is better than the first day, but now I have a different cat.

Ragdolls (he looks like a long haired Siamese) are SUPER laid back. He is super slow, and super lazy naturally. Now, I have a cat that runs from place to place, he rubs against my legs, or the walls with great affection everywhere he walks, he looks outside for the birds, and when there are none there he moves his head around like he sees them, and he cannot be held or cuddled because he cannot tolerate being still for longer than 5-10 seconds. I also noticed he has a very, very slight twitch to his head every once in a while.

I am very unhappy about this change. He was never like this under conscientious sedation. It has been about 72 hours since he had the surgery. Has any one else experienced something like this? Did your cat ever eventually go back to normal. I really appreciate any words of wisdom.

Erika from Ohio

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Erika, I don't have any ideas, other than to hope and pray that it wears off and you get your baby back :vibes::crossfingers: .:redheartpump:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wonder whether it was the stress of the procedure that has made him restless. Since it was slightly different than what was done in the past it just may have spooked him and now he can’t settle down. I would give him a few more days to see if he starts to return to his old personality.

Last edited: