Anaesthesia Effect

josemariadesousaneto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, everyone.
This is my first post here, so I beg your pardon for any mistakes I might make.

My cat went out of a diaphragmatic hernia surgery yesterday at 5h45 p.m and the vet recommended 48h of rest there on account of how risky this surgery is. Everything went well, but, when I called them now (8 p.m of the following day) they asked me if she could move her back legs before the surgery. They told me she couldn't move it properly now in spite of still being able to feel it when they touch. They also told me that it could be an effect of the aneastesia having in mind that it has only been one day since the surgery was done. Therefore, the vet said they would watch how it turns out.

The question I have is: is it normal for her to still be facing that kind of effect one day after the surgery? I'm freaking out because we did the surgery in order to give her a better life (she couldn't breaf properly before) and now I'm terrified of she not walking again. She is the most precious thing that have ever happened to me and I cannot express how worried I am. FB_IMG_1537733898717.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome, in spite of the circumstances!
She is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

How are things now? Due to the fact that she can feel them touching her, I think that when she has all of the anesthesia out of her system things will be different.
Let us know what happens and what the vet says - :vibes::redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I would agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom that if the anesthesia is still in her system it could cause some side effects. Fingers and paws crossed that this is the reason for not being able to move her back legs. :crossfingers:

Please keep us updated on her progress. Sending special thoughts and healing vibes your way. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

josemariadesousaneto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: she was discharged yesterday after 2 days of intensive care and she is now with us!! We found out that the surgery cloth and the bandages were the cause of her not being able to walk properly. It was such a relieve!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much for the update. I'm always glad to hear good news and this is definitely wonderful. :thumbsup: I can understand your relief and excitement.