Amniotic Sac. Please Help !

Julie8845

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is pregnant and at around 11:30 AM today her mucous plug came out she’s been panting all day and been really loving. Tonight about 12:30 Am she started pushing and an amniotic sac came out and she licked it and it busted. She got up right after that and started walking around meowing a little bit it’s now 1:30 AM and there still no kitten. Is this normal? Should I just put her in the room where her nest is and shut the door and leave her alone. this is her second litter her first one went perfect she had seven kittens and all seven survived but I didn’t see the first few come out during her first litter so I’m not sure what is normal. Please help!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
1. If you decide its the active pushing phase, this is shorter than with humans. So maximum one hour, after it you must contact the vet = probably rush her in.

2. Our forumists report now and then somewhat similiar as yours, a sack becomeing visible, seemingly without a kitten.
Big nervousness with me and them, but they report afterwards it proceed ok, momma and kittens are OK...

So, if you decide its long active pushing without results, rush to the vet, or at least, phone if they answer questions. Some vets do, other dont.

If she has still more of a prelabor, you can wait some more. But its touchy, so be observant.
Of course, if you DO have a vet whom answers questions, phone anyway, even if you hope you can wait some.

J Julie8845

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay with her. Certainly don’t close her in a room and hope all is ok.

If she is pushing with no results, you’ll need to call a vet.

Can you keep her inside and away from intact males until these kittens have weaned?