amitriptyline transdermal gel

aislinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used the transdermal cream on my cats, and quite honestly, did not see a difference. I had read that the transdermal meds are hit or miss. The best method is having the meds compounded into a liquid and mixed into their food. I assume there was an anxiety or aggression issue in your case. Mine was due to extreme aggression in one cat towards another. Unfortunately, the medication did not help at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabies59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Neither issue. My cat came to us pretty much unsocialized by the breeder and she pretty much was no help once we picked him up. You would think buying a savannah for which you pay thousands for that there would be support there. Hes 22 months now and is much better but not where Id like him to be. He still scares very easily and thank god now he allows affection but still wont sit close or lay on our bed unless he thinks we are asleep,. The breeder admitted that she didnt handle him much and with these cats this lack of touch becomes engrained in their head. Someone suggested it to me, so I thought Id ask. I actually dont know a great deal about it. But I did read some didnt have any noticeable difference on it

aislinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think over time he will adjust without the need for medication. I use Bach Rescue Remedy for pets for my two, which should help ease some of his anxiety in your case. You put a few drops in his water. It's completely safe and natural.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabies59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought some so Ill try. I feel terrible when they arent where they should be. Hes come such a long way though. Lots of patience and love. He is an amazing beautiful cat so Ill keep trying!