American bobtail, manx, kurilian bobtail? Also, how would you describe her fur pattern?

uhhhjonas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, my little sweet heart has been in my family for about 10 years now. She was found from an old neighbor after a hurricane when she was about 6 months old and was given to our family since he was moving. She is tail-less. She has a tiny cotton ball tail. It doesnt feel like there is any vertebrae in there but I'm pretty sure that there has to be. Anyways, she is super petite, weighing in right under 5 pounds and is the size of a kitten, we assumed she was the runt of the litter. Anyways, the reason why I am having such problems identifying her myself is because the 3 breeds I listed above all have very similar physical and personality traits. She has bigger back legs, she doesn't make the typical cat meow. Its more of a baby " mew " noise instead of meOw, she also chirps and makes a coo noise. She is very docile and VERY attached to me. Her tail does not curl upwards at all, but she makes it apparent that she doesn't like me playing with her cottonball tail by giving me weird looks when I try to see if I feel anything in there lol. I'm pretty sure she is a manx, but just wanted other opinions. I know how rare asian bobtail cats are so I highly doubt she is one of them but, just thought I would ask a forum :) Thanks for viewing and any input you give is greatly appreciated. Thank you cat lovers, have a wonderful day

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, she's a cutie! I like her coloring, especially the spots on her nose; they make her nose look like a heart :D.

I would call her pattern Torbie (tortie/tabby) with white. She has stripes in the black patches and that's what makes her a torbie instead of a tortie.

Anyway, veryvery few cats are purebred or have any purebred in them. The vast majority of cats are "just cats"---we call them domestic shorthairs (or longhairs). The bobtail gene is not uncommon in the domestic cat population. So I would guess that she doesn't have any purebred background.

Last edited: