Am I Feeding My Kittens Enough?

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kittens (both male) are six months old. They are definitely not underweight. They weigh 3.4kg (7.5 pounds) and 3.7kg (8.15 pounds) but I feel like they don't eat enough?

From what I see people feeding their cats, I seem to feed mine the same but between them?

They share a 200g can of wet food every morning. Have approximately 50g of dry food each when I get home from college and share another 200g can of wet food in the evening and sometimes they don't eat it all.

I've noticed they don't like Smilla and so I'm mixing that in with Bozita just to get down it. Sometimes they have Feringa and sometimes they have two pouches of a supermarket brand a day + biscuits.

They really love the biscuits which is why they are currently a meal rather than out all the time, they would constantly choose biscuits over wet food.

Should I try leaving more out per meal and see if they eat it? I'm not really able to feed them more often as I'm at college, I managed to time them weaning to two meals a day perfectly to when I start college

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Depending on the brand of dry food, 50 grams is actually the daily recommended amount I believe. The dry food I'm feeding recommends 40grams a day without supplementation of wet. Either way, dry food can really pack a punch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Depending on the brand of dry food, 50 grams is actually the daily recommended amount I believe. The dry food I'm feeding recommends 40grams a day without supplementation of wet. Either way, dry food can really pack a punch.
The recommendation is 45g with wet food and 90g without. Do you think I should lower their biscuit intake or maybe get rid of it completely?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As long as they eat both you should continue with both. Their weights are good for their age.