Am I being a worry wart

Timbo ba jimbo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We live in the giant redwood forest of California my 4-year-old female tabby has her own cat door so she comes and goes as she pleases she naps most of the day the sun sets she's out the door until Sun up when she insists on waking me up I'm always very curious as to what does she do out there I do know cats travel radius is double what we think they are I like to believe that's a forest keeps her Catskills Sharp she brings home all kinds of carcasses for me to find in my shoes and I see her messing with the turkeys or trying to stalk a deer unsuccessfully I caught her on my game cam hunting mice in my garden at night I'm just wondering if she gets bored or am I just being a worry wart what do you think

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!

I'm sorry, I'm not completely clear what you're concerned about? Are you intending to limit her outside time?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It would not seem that she is bored with all of the activity you observe from her. You could try spending time playing with her to see if that would make any difference in what you observe of her, and/or how long she wants to be outside vs. inside your home. The 'worry wart' part would apply more to her being safe outside overnight in a forested area where there has to be all kinds of wildlife that might like to eat her!! That something you'll have to worry more about as she ages and becomes less agile.