Am I a wild mix?

raerae624

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my new kitten, she has a coat unlike any that I've seen before...what would she be called? I know it might just be tabby but she looks an awful lot like sokoke cats and I know how rare they are so I'm not deluding myself into believing she is something so special I just want to know what my baby is!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The pattern is the so called classic tabby, also called for marbled (as already mentioned) or blotched,

But I must admit, his coloration is less usual.  So whatever he is, he is a rarity.   :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raerae624

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you :) she also has this unusual fur, i call it "raccoon fur" where her hairs have bands of different color, like the tip will be black when farther up the shaft it is orange and then black and then white near the root. I think it's called ticking? Wondering if she will grow out of that.

raerae624

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I understand that my kitten is a marbled tabby but what color tabby would you consider her? And ideas?

raerae624

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I understand what a tabby is. I just don't know what color she is.....color is not discussed very much on most sites I've checked out, usually just patterns and typical breeds. Is she a silver marble tabby? A brown marble tabby? A torbie? Is she diluted? I've never paid much attention to tabbies before because I've always preferred splashy showy colored cats...right now I also have two torties, two calicos (one diluted), a tuxedo, a beautiful red tabby and a suspected russian blue as well (I live on a farm) so you can see my color range doesn't really cover regular tabbies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I understand what a tabby is. I just don't know what color she is.....color is not discussed very much on most sites I've checked out, usually just patterns and typical breeds. Is she a silver marble tabby? A brown marble tabby? A torbie? Is she diluted? I've never paid much attention to tabbies before because I've always preferred splashy showy colored cats...right now I also have two torties, two calicos (one diluted), a tuxedo, a beautiful red tabby and a suspected russian blue as well (I live on a farm) so you can see my color range doesn't really cover regular tabbies.
The article I gave the link for talks a little bit about coloring, not much.
Have you tried just typing in the search box on this site "tabby cat coloring?" I did that and quite a few threads come up discussing coloring. Some threads were of tabbies in the Fur Pictures and Video Forum

You might just have to search some on this site. I hope you can find some answers, good luck.

czygyny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She looks like a torbie. It looks like there is a mix of black and orange in the blotches, She would not be a dilute, though, because the splotches would be grey and tan. What a stunning looking cat! I love her markings!

raerae624

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Her colors are changing and shifting a bit as she grows but I just know she will be a sleek gorgeous girl no matter what color she ends up :) her fur is pretty sparse everywhere except her stomach. And when she gets scared and puffs up her tail and back, you can see straight through her fur to her skin, she looks like the Charlie Brown christmas tree when she puffs up lol

raerae624

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all, this is Iris. She is roughly 4.5 months old. Her colors keep changing as she grows so I wanted to post an updated picture of her. She has a lovely pale silver undercoat, tiny dark tips on her ears and a few cream colored toes. What color do you all think she is? All opinions are welcome!

Her bluish grey hue isn't from the flash on my phone; that's her pretty silver undercoat :)
One cream colored toe
Another cream colored toe
The stripes down her spine