Alternatives to Glycoflex?

katmaz77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all, I am looking for some joint support for my 16 year old cat. He is also suffering from some brain issues so hard to tell whats causing the lameness in the hind legs but I want to help him any way I can. I ordered the Glycoflex 3 chewable treats and Shnuggles really doesn't like them. Because of his cognitive decline he is easily anxious too. He would probably do better with a paste/liquid/oil since he is used to me syringing medicines. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks! :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about Cosequin or Dasequin? Both are capsules which you open and sprinkle the powder directly into moist food or whatever yummy food or liquid your cat likes.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My 16-year-olds get Cosequin, and it really does seem to help with their arthritis. As LTS3 LTS3 says, I open the capsule, sprinkle it on their wet food, and then mix it thoroughly. I’ve never had a problem with them refusing to eat because of it.

If you have a Costco membership—or a helpful friend with a Costco membership—it has the best price for it. My local Costco doesn’t carry the cat version in the store, only the dog formula, but I get it delivered quickly online.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You could try what I ended up doing with Feeby. She has been on Glyco Flex Plus for awhile now, but started to not want to eat them. I smash them up and then mix them with Gerber baby food meats. She eats them every time now. I just like the Glyco Flex Plus because it contains glucosamine, chondroitin, and green lipped mussels.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katmaz77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks all! Will research the dasequin/cosequin and for now try crushing up the glycoflex :)