Alternative to World's Best Cat Litter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz

Being just a city gal, wouldn't unprocessed corn feed, or the "raw stuff" attract bugs and vermin.Again I'm just a city gal who when she was younger...many, many years ago, went to a petting zoo thing on Coney Island and tried to bottle feed some milk to a turkey from a baby bottle of milk..the turkey bit into the nipple and milk went everywhere...LOL!
I live in a semi rural area and that is why I stopped using chn feed

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by hareting

hm...i'm sorrry to ask..but i dunno where exactly can i find a feed store. i live in toronto, would there be any feed store in the city??? or do i need to go to the country? can i jsut go to yellow page and type in "feed store" to find something??
try looking under farm and ranch supply ...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are there any updates to add?? I went to a farm supply store today and they had Chicken scratch at less than $7 (U.S.) for a 50 # bag. I figure if it doesn't work I know someone who raises chickens-they would take it!!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I switched my gang over to Litter Mate a few months ago. It is a powder that you add to inexpensive clay litter to make it clump. It controls odors better than any litter that I have ever used. The up front cost to start is a little high, but the savings over time are tremendous.

I figured out the other day that I used to spend $25 per week on clumping litter. Even buying Litter Mate online (you can't find it in stores) and paying for the shipping, I figured I am saving about $17+ a week which comes to about $900 per year. Huge difference!
Where online can I find this?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I might have to give this a try. Do you find you still dont' have to do whole litter changes because it clumps so well? Thats why I like WBCL so much is the time in maintence it saves... No need to do full litter changes, just keep adding over time.