Alternating raw and homecooked?

zackslater

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone alternate between feeding raw and home-cooked? My cats have been eating a home-cooked chicken meal with Alnutrin for the last two months. I got the sample pack from Darwin's and would like to try to transition them to it. Eventually if they like it, I might fully transition to raw but in the meantime, I still have lot of home-cooked food left. Is it ok to feed them 1 meal raw and 1 meal home-cooked each day, or is that too hard on their systems?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does anyone alternate between feeding raw and home-cooked? My cats have been eating a home-cooked chicken meal with Alnutrin for the last two months. I got the sample pack from Darwin's and would like to try to transition them to it. Eventually if they like it, I might fully transition to raw but in the meantime, I still have lot of home-cooked food left. Is it ok to feed them 1 meal raw and 1 meal home-cooked each day, or is that too hard on their systems?
Hi,
I have done this and have had no problems. Do any of your cats have any problems with sensitive tummies or any bowel issues?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zackslater

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ya, one of them has been having diarrhea for months and we're trying to figure out the cause. Do you think swapping for him might not be a good idea?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is he still having the diarrhea on the home cooked meals? If so, then I don't think swapping will create any NEW issues. Or you could always feed him the same diet as always and swap out the meals with your other cat(s). I alternate between raw and canned and it doesn't seem to cause any issues.