Already affectionate cat EVEN MORE affectionate after spaying

mrfairy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not complaining at all! Has anyone experienced the same? Before her spay, Pixie was already a very sweet girl who never bit or scratched anyone, pliable to a fault and who would come up to guests for pats. She comes when I call her too and always accompanies me while I work or read. Now, she's even more affectionate, spending more time with me and approaching guests more often.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's great to hear. So often people worry that their cat will be less friendly after being spayed, so it's great to hear in your case that totally wasn't true. :catlove:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I had my boy done he was the exact same as before he was done. No change in his behaviour but I have read that some cat's become more affectionate it's awsome that your girl is more affectionate.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've experienced the same thing, but mainly only with my male kitties.
:yeah: Our shelter takes in a lot of feral kittens, and many of them become friendlier after they've been "fixed". It's much more noticeable with the males. It's often like a switch is flipped 2-3 weeks after neutering.Ones that just tolerated petting are suddenly asking to be cuddled.