Alpha female cat over powering others,

lmfurryfriends

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My oldest cat who has been in the home 12 years is over powering the two new ones she became an only cat last Dec. and was very depressed. This fall two stray adopted us one after the other. with the first male she did ok and than even started to cuddle with him some times then the female kitten (which we found out is 8 months old as of about the first of dec. )she would have nothing to do with it. I found this site to late so we did the introduction wrong well than i tried some of it but she was just horrible . I found WHISKER CITY   (CALM DOWN)  liquid at Pet Smart and gave it to her buy syringe after dose 2 she was scared of me like when she was a kitten. We wont have that so we tried mixing it in different things tuna juice worked for 2 times and than it did not. mixing in her soft food did not work. I tried chicken broth no way.

I want to find a way for her to get it 2 times a day because she is a happy relaxed cat . Ever scene she was born she acts like a feral cat her mom was a stray that came to us as a very young kitten. I let her have a litter because I was misinformed that for a female cat to stay cuddly and friendly she needed to have a litter before she was fixed, than once she had her first litter i could not find a vet that would fix her while she was nursing. she got pregnant while nursing and that was oliva's litter all of her litter that I still have contact with are wilder, yet have started to calm down as they got older. her first litter the cat we kept was supper gentle and actually became my therapy cat. any way if she can be a more happy and relaxed cat I would love that for her. I can not have her attacking the other cats when they are sleeping, eating , drinking, coming out of the litter box or still in it .

She has gotten so brave that she will do it when I am in the room she will sneak into the room to get them .

Help  What can I mix the liquid with it is clear and only 1 teaspoon ?

Thanks For reading and any help you can give me   LmFURRYfriends                

faery

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is the liquid flavoured? If so that could be the reason for her refusing it. I'm assuming you are using the medication to calm her down, in which case for her you might try a plug in diffuser or a calming collar (Feliway is a good one and also comes in a spray form). A diffuser would help ALL of your cats with the situation. A timid cat + a dominant cat = (at times) a cat fight. Unbalance in any form (either being too agro or too nervous) can cause havoc for the whole group.

If your other cats are not neutered/spayed I suggest getting all of them altered as well to help with some behavioural issues. Keep her away from any and all unaltered toms until you can find a vet to spay her.

Good luck :)