Aloe Vera For Cats

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've just come back from my vet, and she stated that aloe vera should be put 3 times on his sore/acne for the next two weeks. She didn't recommend any specific brand so I was wondering if anyone here has applied it on their cats. If so, what did you use? Or is it better to just buy the plant since I'm pretty sure my cat will lick it?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would get the gel, something that is as close to 100% pure. Aloe Vera can be toxic to cats, if they eat the hard "rind", or outer leaf. Only the gel is safe for them.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I've just come back from my vet, and she stated that aloe vera should be put 3 times on his sore/acne for the next two weeks. She didn't recommend any specific brand so I was wondering if anyone here has applied it on their cats. If so, what did you use? Or is it better to just buy the plant since I'm pretty sure my cat will lick it?
But if you have any question at ALL about which brands, etc, I would simply call my Vet back and ask them for a recommendation :wink:. Who knows, that might actually be talking about the real deal :dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did ask for a specific recommendation but she said that as long as it's 100% aloe vera. But what I've found online is only 97.5% and I asked about that and she said no. Has to be 100%... does anyone here know of any good aloe vera gel brands?

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did ask for a specific recommendation but she said that as long as it's 100% aloe vera. But what I've found online is only 97.5% and I asked about that and she said no. Has to be 100%... does anyone here know of any good aloe vera gel brands?
I've been curious about that myself. George's Aloe Vera Supplement (a liquid) has been highly recommended to us several times, but we were hoping to find a gel that's not toxic to cats if it gets ingested.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's what we're here for! HUGS to you and FurFace (what is his name? I've managed to miss it!).