Almost 4mo Kitten On Clavamox

aly822

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My mom just a week ago got a new Bengal kitten. She's been on Clamavox since the breeder took her to be spayed. She was delivered a week ago with the remaining antibiotics, instructed to give 2ce a day.

There are maybe 2-3 doses left in the bottle. I don't live with my mom, but have been helping administer meds when I am there. Now my mother is having trouble and she skipped last night's dose. I arrived and gave her the 0.6ml at about 1:30pm

I know that you all cannot give medical advice, but just wondering if (since this poor cat has been on this med for weeks already) if just once a day till it's gone would be an awful thing at this point?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Call your vet and ask. S/he is the ONLY one who can really tell you that, knowing the cat's full medical background. My instinct is that it may be OK, but I certainly would NOT bet a cat's health on that!

The problem with antibiotics is that you have to keep a therapeutic level in their systems, and I just don't know for sure if a daily dose would do that.