Almo Nature Cat Food What Do Ppl Think Of This Food

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just seen that zooplus has almo nature is this a good food . Is it complete and not pate my kittens no longer eat pate food

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, I purchased some today but haven't tried it yet.
It's almo nature HQS Natural tuna in broth Atlantic style. I don't know if it's pate or not, but this variety of theirs is not a complete food.

I rotate a number of other foods that are nutritionally complete.

In your case, depending, you can add supplements, kibble, or even try fancy feast or another brand like Merrick Backcountry, or if available to you, Almo's Complete line, look for the word Complete on the can...

Or, take half a can or so of a pate style, add a tablespoon of warm to hot water stir and see if they like that.

Last edited:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The LID line doesn't look complete but would make a great topper, addition, or something to keep for a cat off their food.
The complete line looks good! Almost good enough to eat =D
Hopefully someone that knows more will chime in. Looks like a nice line of foods provided you know what's complete/not complete and do some rotation if possible!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I purchased some today but haven't tried it yet.
It's almo nature HQS Natural tuna in broth Atlantic style. I don't know if it's pate or not, but it is not a complete food.
I rotate a variety of other foods that are nutritionally complete, in your case you can add supplements, kibble, or even try fancy feast or another brand like Merrick Backcountry.

Or, take half a can or so of a pate style, add a tablespoon of warm to hot water stir and see if they like that.
Plain meat foods with hot water are usually a taker here if we have a sick cat.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like the Almo nature food, it looks and smells really good when you open it, just like people food, the shreds are pretty tender pieces of real meat, unlike some that are very tough. My cats really enjoy the Chicken and green beans, the chicken and carrots, and the Salmon and apple. This salmon is lovely hunks of real salmon, very nice. There is not much in the way of apple, beans or carrots, just a small amount, so dont let that worry you. These three are all complete and balanced.

All of the almo nature foods i have tried are the shredded, real meat type, i have not seen any that are pate, or minced bits.

Their foods are very high protein, lower in fat and very low carb, i think they are great, especial since its the only wet my little white cat has even tried in the last 3 years.

I have also tried some of the complete pouch foods, the la cucina line, my cats were not big fans, but i have a friend that her cats love the tuna and lobster. My guys prefer the complete line in the cans, but you know.... cats :rolleyes:

I am a fan of the food, a good one to try if your guys like real meat shreds. Just watch as many of the foods are supplemental, so if you want complete foods check.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like the Almo nature food, it looks and smells really good when you open it, just like people food, the shreds are pretty tender pieces of real meat, unlike some that are very tough. My cats really enjoy the Chicken and green beans, the chicken and carrots, and the Salmon and apple. This salmon is lovely hunks of real salmon, very nice. There is not much in the way of apple, beans or carrots, just a small amount, so dont let that worry you. These three are all complete and balanced.

All of the almo nature foods i have tried are the shredded, real meat type, i have not seen any that are pate, or minced bits.

Their foods are very high protein, lower in fat and very low carb, i think they are great, especial since its the only wet my little white cat has even tried in the last 3 years.

I have also tried some of the complete pouch foods, the la cucina line, my cats were not big fans, but i have a friend that her cats love the tuna and lobster. My guys prefer the complete line in the cans, but you know.... cats :rolleyes:

I am a fan of the food, a good one to try if your guys like real meat shreds. Just watch as many of the foods are supplemental, so if you want complete foods check.
This is awesome information.
We're always on the look out for foods our IBD might like. So far so good on FF pate but I can tell he's getting a bit bored even though we rotate.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Columbine would know more about UK / European brands. Here's one list of good brands she recommends: My kitten doesn't like "posh" expensive wet cat food!

The Almo Nature canned foods are different in the UK from the US. Here's the UK web site: Cat food and dog food produced with natural ingredients

None of the UK canned / tinned / tray products are complete diets. The company says to feed 60% of the canned / tinned / tray food with 40% of their dry food to ensure 100% nutrition :dunno:
The truth about pet food has the same complaint.
If the US has a complete line that the UK does not, I suppose it would depend on what's available to the consumer.
The complete line, without being an ingredient label person expert thingie, to me looks very good but if this is unavailable in the UK that could cause some problems!
Wellness makes a line of complete dog foods and a non-complete dog food that's 95% meat that is not intended as a sole diet but can be used as an addition.
LTS3 LTS3 , is the dry food complete?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe almo will make the complete line available in Europe soon? It hasn't been here very long. I don't think a year. When i first found Almo they just had the wet supplemental foods, no complete foods. Then sometime over the last year Chewy started carrying the complete line. I dont think you can even get the dry in the US?

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm specifically interested in the Almo Daily turkey mousse can since my cat is only interested in turkey when it comes to wet food. If anyone's tried it, please let me know. If my cat stops eating her Nutro turkey wet food (please NO!!!), I'll see if any local specialty pet food stores carry the Almo turkey.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The LID line doesn't look complete but would make a great topper, addition, or something to keep for a cat off their food.
The complete line looks good! Almost good enough to eat =D
Hopefully someone that knows more will chime in. Looks like a nice line of foods provided you know what's complete/not complete and do some rotation if possible!
I think I read that some were complete n some weren't I'm going to have to look properly on zooplus uk thanks

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm specifically interested in the Almo Daily turkey mousse can since my cat is only interested in turkey when it comes to wet food. If anyone's tried it, please let me know. If my cat stops eating her Nutro turkey wet food (please NO!!!), I'll see if any local specialty pet food stores carry the Almo turkey.
Ru in uk look on zooplus site I'm going to have a look

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry just realised you not in uk