Allergies

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my cat seems to have some sort of allergies. Her eyes are pretty watery. She doesn’t scratch them and they don’t seem to bother her.

I took her to the vet, he did a stain and said there is no scratches and it wasn’t infected. He gave her Benadryl which seemed to help but she slept like 24 hrs. He gave me eye drops to try but they don’t seem to be doing much. All it has succeeded in doing is getting her to be afraid of me anytime she sees me and she runs in the opposite direction.

has anyone found a supplement to add to food that may help? Anyone have success with an air purifier? Or do I just let her have watery eyes?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Benadryl should help but if she continues to sleep longer than normal call your vet. Doesn't hurt to get an air purifier

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Benadryl should help but if she continues to sleep longer than normal call your vet. Doesn't hurt to get an air purifier
I really don’t want to have to chase her to give her something because then she just runs anytime she sees me. That’s why I was hoping there was something I could put in her food

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They said they gave her 10mg and that’s how much I could give too. Maybe I’ll try 5 and a pill pocket to see if she will take it

KSRS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my cat seems to have some sort of allergies. Her eyes are pretty watery. She doesn’t scratch them and they don’t seem to bother her.

I took her to the vet, he did a stain and said there is no scratches and it wasn’t infected. He gave her Benadryl which seemed to help but she slept like 24 hrs. He gave me eye drops to try but they don’t seem to be doing much. All it has succeeded in doing is getting her to be afraid of me anytime she sees me and she runs in the opposite direction.

has anyone found a supplement to add to food that may help? Anyone have success with an air purifier? Or do I just let her have watery eyes?
I know this is way late but someone else may get something from it. I found VetriScience DMG (you can get it from Chewy) helped my cat with his allergies and sometimes he would get the watery eye as well.