Allergies or worse??

jessglanz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello lovelies! I just adopted my new baby (officially named Sammy!) about 3 days ago from the SPCA. He's approx 7 months old, and he was at the SPCA for about a month after being feral.

I've been spending lots of time with him obviously trying to socialize him, and he's been doing amazing! Today I got him playing, and his favourite toy seems to be my hand. I didn't mind since it didn't hurt and he was showing so much improvement, but after all of this I noticed my hands looking like this..

Now I do have a slight allergy to cats but never more then sinuses and I have always gotten used to the cats in my house.

I'm actually really hoping these are hives from a reaction, but slightly concerned since it only appeared when he started chewing and clawing on me...

TIA!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessglanz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also!! I have one other cat in my house right now and have had others in the past, I've never had a reaction like this...

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You got all that swelling after he scratched/chewed on you?

Get yourself to a doctor. You could have cat scratch fever (I'm serious) and it can require hospitalization.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessglanz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jeez. Looks like I'm just more allergic to him then other cats. Hives wherever he licks me lol.. It's getting better though phew!

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
jessglanz jessglanz

The first picture you posted looked like either hives or the early stages of Shingles. The second picture looks much more like hives or an inflammatory reaction though. Hopefully you took some meds or benadryl after posting that. And hopefully the allergy is treatable/manageable because you don't want to be constantly dealing with hives/inflammation all the time because of your new cat! I'd imagine that would be very stressful!