Allergies / Fleas ?

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys ! So my little Oliver 4 month old has some crusted spots on his back near his tail and dry ear with some missing hair as well as on his paw ( previous thread about that). This being said , I took him to the vet this morning as I had adopted him about 3 weeks ago.

Vet said he has very sensitive skin and very bad allergies ( he also has runny eyes , nose boogers , and sneezes ). She said it could be an allergic reaction to fleas , but she didn't find any on him.. and he had a flea treatment when I adopted him.

So her concensus was to give 1/2 an allergy pill daily which I now have been doing, and a flea treatment once now and a month from now.

I have two other cats that show NO symptoms of fleas or scratching or anything so I don't think it's fleas .

Olly is white and grey and I searched him everywhere and can't find anything.

So I think it's really bad allergies .

Any one else have this problem and any tips ? I will give him Allergy medication daily and bathe him twice a week for his skin..

Just very concerned and hope his skin gets better

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it isn't fleas then it is usually food.
Check your ingredients for soy, corn and wheat.
Change the food.
The crusted spots are from chewing and the bad spot on the ear is probably from scratching.
It is hard for me to offer tips to ease the itching until the kitty responds to a new food because I use homeopathics and we aren't supposed to give medical advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks ! If it was fleas my other cats would be showing symptoms and since he has a lot of white I would notice them right ?

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1052.JPG

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted two pics of the hair loss happening :((( today is day 2 of the allergy pills

Muffins mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Im new here.my cat muffin is 11 yrs
She is going through the same thing,
She is scratching and licking biting all the hair off her neck ,tail area and legs
Her neck looks awful. It some kind of allergy , She hides away and only comes out to eat and potty. Help

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Take her to the vet, but I've been giving allergy pill to my guy half a pill each day