Allergies - does anything work for you?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I was going to suggest a Neti-Pot...!
I do swear by sinus washes (or sinus rinses). It keeps the goo (and bacteria from your nose) from going into your sinuses, ears, and lungs where they cause all kinds of other problems.

It's gross but works so great you don't care! I can't take any over-the-counter meds so this is what saves me.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
most of the OTC stuff, does nothing for me, and so far everything we try in stuff from the DOc sends my blood pressure sky high. i find hot coffee and tea bring up the goo and lets me breathe, and vicks nose spay also does some good.

i am soo looking for job in the southern us.. to get aweay from ohio

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i am soo looking for job in the southern us.. to get aweay from ohio
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Don't go to Austin, Texas. It's in the middle of two ecosystems so there is something wicked blooming there every month of the year!
And forget Florida too. I had some allergies in NY, but ever since I've moved here there is always something blooming that makes me want to rip my ears off! Evil... EVIL I tell you!

pickle12345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try apple cider vinegar—it's really gross but it cleans up my allergies pretty quick. Take 2 tablespoons of it 3 times a day for 2 days and then 1 tablespoon a day for the next two days and that cured me for a while. After a while my allergies got bad again so I repeated the formula a few more times. Be careful though--vinegar is really acidic and after a while I had to stop because it was burning my throat. It was pretty much instant relief though when I couldn't sleep the first few times. I think I just relied on it too much.

After you drink the vinegar be sure to rinse/brush your teeth! The acid will eat them up if you don't. It really works though.

amandatzl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My naturopath suggested increased doses of vitamin c - basically to take as much as you can without giving yourself diarrhea. also i swear by the sinus rinse. I have the  pressure bottle not the netipot and it helps tons too.