Allergies and bloated stomach

Underneon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello my 1 year old cat is having a lot of allergies issues we went to the vet multiple times and have medicine for her.
Her symptoms are:
- itchy right ear (scratches till hair is gone)
- flinching in right eye
Medication:
- Clavamox
- Neomycin and Polymycin B Sulfates and Dexamethasone Ophthalmic Suspension,USP
- Posatex Otic Suspension
Now I saw that she starts having a bloated stomach and I start being worried.
I changed the food 3 times already and have them keep it for over 12 weeks to see improvement but nothing.
She sleeps a little more but that is just her self she always did and I can imagine that the allergies and the medication don't really help.
I don't believe she is in pain she is playing with her brother a lot and eats normally we feed them in the morning wet food and in the evening and during the day we keep dry food out.
We also let them be on an open window cause they like to look outside (they are housecats)
And now her brother starts having ear issues as well with itching it. I hope someone can has an idea what else i can try.
I appreciate every comment and thank you for your time.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the vet check them for ear mites? It seems a little strange they are both now having ear problems. I have a cat with allergies too, and I've never found a food that helps. Just make sure the dry you are giving them is for sensitive skin and stomachs. The bloated stomach is a concern too, the next time they are at the vets you might ask about that. As long as she is eating/drinking/using the litter box and not hiding she feels good, if any of that changes get her to a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Underneon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes the vet checked for ear mites the first time she had but that was fixed.
Yes we changed to prescriptive food yesterday.
She hides sometimes abut more rarely.
We got an appt for the vet next week.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes the vet checked for ear mites the first time she had but that was fixed.
Ear mites can sometimes be hard to treat, so they may have recurred. However, the bloated belly would not seem to factor into that equation. I would ask the vet if any of the medications could cause such a reaction.