allergic to fleas!

irenegomez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! I need some advice...we just found out my cat is allergic to fleas! She's been grooming her back nonstop and pulling out her fur!the vet recommended a special flea collar for 80$! I was doing some research and have found an all natural vitamin called "flea away" the reviews are great but was wondering if anyone here has used it or if you have tried anything else for your flea allergic baby!

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I have never heard of Flea Away. If this is not a product that can be purchased at a vet clinic I'd stear clear.

I am not sure where you are located (in the States, Canada, UK, etc...) however, if in the States, 1800-petmeds and Drs Foster and Smith website offer good discounts for *safe* flea products.

I personally like Advantage II; but, Advantage Multi, Revolution, and Frontline are pretty reputable brands as well. And, I highly suggest using one of these products.

Stay away from any products made by Hartz, Seargents and Sentry as there have been many reports of animals having toxic reactions (particularly with Hartz. I've seen a few cases firsthand.)