All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2024

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I read the Circle series by Ted Dekker. Kinda sick. It's a Christian but some of the the characters are evil and go by different names. I gave it to my nephew for Xmas. I looked up the author. He grew up in a forest with cannibals! His parents were missionaries in Indonesia

Last edited:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am reading The Babysitter series right now. It's suspence. Did i spell suspence correctly? It doesn't look right. Also, a book by an author from the Netherlands that I really like. I keep a few books going at once.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I just finished the latest Sofie Kelly: Paws to Remember. This is the series with the magical mystery cats, Hercules and Owen. The author also writes as Sofie Ryan, and I’m reading Undercover Kitty, one of the second chance cat mysteries.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading "Dutch Girl," about Audrey Hepburn, mostly during the years surrounding WW2 I think. My SIL gave it to me for Christmas.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just reread Black Knight by Elizabeth Johns while I wait for another book to be released. I’ve got a couple paperbacks waiting but I wanted to lounge with my kindle.
I read the Circle series by Ted Dekker. Kinda sick. It's a Christian but some of the the characters are evil and go by different names. I gave it to my nephew for Xmas. I looked up the author. He grew up in a forest with cannibals! His parents were missionaries in Indonesia
My DH and DD are both Ted Dekker fans. DD has read all his middle reader books (most co-authored with his daughters). It’s not my normal genre but I was considering trying the middle reader ones for something different.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I just reread Black Knight by Elizabeth Johns while I wait for another book to be released. I’ve got a couple paperbacks waiting but I wanted to lounge with my kindle.

My DH and DD are both Ted Dekker fans. DD has read all his middle reader books (most co-authored with his daughters). It’s not my normal genre but I was considering trying the middle reader ones for something different.
I read The Sinner and did not like it but the circle series and THR3E I enjoyed. THR3E is a must read if they havent

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read The Sinner and did not like it but the circle series and THR3E I enjoyed. THR3E is a must read if they havent
My bookshelves never got reorganized after having our floors done but I remember that title. I see Red, Green & White; whatever series that is. Showdown, House, Skin, Adam. I’m not sure what else. I see a few by Frank Peretti and Jenkins.

Oh i do see the series with Sinner. Its amusing these titles are mixed with everything from a Baby Names book (why do I still have this?!) and everything else from nonfiction, Bob Barker autobiography, comic books to a few textbooks. :paperbag:

I know Frank Peretti has a middle readers series but I’m not sure she’ll want it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My bookshelves never got reorganized after having our floors done but I remember that title. I see Red, Green & White; whatever series that is. Showdown, House, Skin, Adam. I’m not sure what else. I see a few by Frank Peretti and Jenkins.

Oh i do see the series with Sinner. Its amusing these titles are mixed with everything from a Baby Names book (why do I still have this?!) and everything else from nonfiction, Bob Barker autobiography, comic books to a few textbooks. :paperbag:

I know Frank Peretti has a middle readers series but I’m not sure she’ll want it.
That's the circle series: your missing the color black. Lucky for me,I don't remember what I read so I will read it again. Same with TV series

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I picked up The Book of Lost Friends from the library the other day, just because the title sounded interesting. It's fiction based on a little known part of U.S. history after the Civil War. I don't currently belong to a book club, but I think this would be a good book for discussion, especially for someone looking for a Black History Month theme.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Housemaid is on its way from Amazon. :clap:I am so tired of the book I am currently reading. I think Frieda McFadden will be an interesting change.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am starting a book about Shirley Jackson. I picked it up in the dollar store years ago. It is a compilation that even includes some of her grocery lists. I don't think I've read a book like that before. I am running low on reading materials lately.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read Salman Rushdie's Knife, which is about his stabbing a couple of years ago. Somebody used the fatwa to attack and stab him just before he was going to make a speech. It was an insightful book. He certainly has the English language and American culture down pat. I might try The Satanic Verses, which caused the fatwa, but I dunno. How to Win Friends and Influence Fungi is up next.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read Salman Rushdie's Knife, which is about his stabbing a couple of years ago. Somebody used the fatwa to attack and stab him just before he was going to make a speech. It was an insightful book. He certainly has the English language and American culture down pat. I might try The Satanic Verses, which caused the fatwa, but I dunno. How to Win Friends and Influence Fungi is up next.
I heard him interviewed on Fresh Air the other day.