All Life Stages Canned Food Okay For Kittens?

Ashley&Cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know this question has been asked a few times and I've read a few but I can't seem to find a definite answer!

I've been giving my kitten (3 months 3 weeks or 16 weeks old today) and cat (6 years old) Fancy Feast Pate (Classics for the US people) and Primal Frozen or Freezer dried formulas. I'm looking into better quality but cheap canned food options and while researching I've seen that the AAFCO states that kittens need kitten specific formulas.

I'm wondering if feeding all life stage formulas would hinder his growth/ health?

Are there specific amounts of fats and protein kittens needs vs an adult cat? If so can you tell me them? Also if I bought an all life stages canned food that passed both the kitten and adult fat and protein amount specifications would that be okay?

Why does the AAFCO state that kittens need a specific formula?

Thank you for your answers in advance!

Ashley&Cats

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
According to everything I've ever read on the subject, All Stages is fine for kittens, but you need to feed them more, at least twice as much, until they are fully grown. I'm sure it states that right on the label. Calories are the key, apparently. I think your Fancy Feast Pate and the Primal formulas should be just fine.

Here's a thread that may be helpful: Need some advice abt feeding my kitten?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashley&Cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply! I'll read that thread :)