All About Tv

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With all the new and existing TV shows starting back up again, I was just curious, and this is a multiple question thread.

1) What was your favorite TV show as a child?
2) What is/was your favorite "more recent" show?
3) What show do you wish they would bring back / never cancelled?
4) What show do you wish they would cancel?
5) What new show are you interested in watching?

1) I think overall, my favorite childhood TV shows were the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons. I even have the whole collection on DVD.

2) Big Bang Theory is my favorite recent show, I'm sad it's not coming back. But if I have to choose from the ones that are still currently on, The Goldbergs and Young Sheldon are really good as well as The Good Doctor. And I can't get enough of The Walking Dead.

3) As previously stated, I'm sad about Big Bang Theory being cancelled. I also wish Castle was still on, that show was awesome, I'm not sure where the story would be at this point but I find it was cancelled too soon, we didn't get a good "ending".

4) Pretty much all the useless reality shows (Kardashian, Teen mom, Housewives and the like...) Yeah, I know the whole saying, "well if you don't like it don't watch..." but these shows glorify everything that is wrong with our society IMO.

5) Out of the new line ups, I'm interested in Evil, Stumptown and Unicorn. We'll see how they pan out.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. The Lone Ranger
2. The Good Wife/NCIS
3. Star Trek
4. Keeping up with the Kardashians
5. Don't know

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3. Star Trek
Not sure if "Next Generation" was your go to, but there is a new Star Trek coming out called "Star Trek - Picard", starring Patrick Stuart.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if "Next Generation" was your go to, but there is a new Star Trek coming out call "Star Trek - Picard", starring Patrick Stuart.
Oh, super! I loved Captain Picard. That show was better than the original Star Trek. Do you know what network it's going to be on?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I googled to double check and it said CBS All Access. Not sure if that's different from just "CBS" and if any other networks will run it too. I'll keep digging.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. It was a toss up between Swat, Battlestar Galactica and The Big Valley. The originals, not the reboots
2. Lucifer
3. Firefly and Cleverman
4. The only show I got sick of hearing about, they already cancelled - GOT (Game of Thrones)
5. Criminal looks like it may be decent. And it doesn't hurt that it has David Tennant.

Edit: 3. Forgot Primeval. Loved that show.

Last edited:

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
1.) The classic Scooby-Doo cartoons and The Crocodile Hunter. Steve Irwin was my first real crush!
2.) We have gotten 100% hooked on Outlander (Starz). I highly recommend, plus next season they're bringing a super cute cat on board!
3.) Obviously I know *why* it was cancelled, but The Crocodile Hunter!
4.) Anything reality....
5.) hmm...we don't have traditional cable, so I'm not sure what is new.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.) I don't remember my favorite show as a kid. I watched whatever was on. The only English channel was military TV so there wasn't a lot of choice, lol. Oh wait, I really loved Quantum Leap. I'll choose that.

2.) My favorite current show is NCIS. New season starts Tuesday! Also the various Star Treks. Yes, I do like them all, even Voyager, Enterprise, and Discovery. Of course Captain Picard is my favorite, so I'm really looking forward to the new series.

3.) Pushing Daisies. Excellent show, cancelled way too soon. And I miss Futurama, although I don't know if it was cancelled too soon. I'd also like it if there were always a Star Trek series running, obviously they'd have to change it up now and then, but a continuous thing.

4.) I don't begrudge anybody their trashy shows ;). But ugh. Some of those trashy reality shows are just too much. I'm a Survivor junkie so I don't want all the reality shows to go away, I just wonder why everyone is so interested in watching rich ladies act spoiled or whatever.

5.) Picard, definitely. I haven't looked into the new standard access channel lineup though. I suppose I'll channel-surf a little and see what's on.

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a Survivor junkie so I don't want all the reality shows to go away, I just wonder why everyone is so interested in watching rich ladies act spoiled or whatever.
Those are mostly the shows I'm talking about (trashy, spoiled, dumb drama for the sake of drama). There are some good ones, like Master Chef and it's "Junior" version. Those kids put me to SHAME!:lol:, and I do like Amazing Race. Not a fan of Survivor myself but it's not on my "trash" list either. I'm sure there are other ones as well.
Sure there is some "drama" watching these competition type shows, but at least there is some talent behind it too.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CBS All Access is online only :/. And subscription based. But only $5.99 a month (with Amazon Prime, not sure what the regular price is, maybe $6.99?). I'm upset that's the only way to watch the new Star Treks but that's the way it is I guess.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite shows when I was a kid were the western's. I had a crush on most of the stars of the shows.

The Middle
Modern Family
Mad Men
All reality shows
Don't know

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Good Doctor.
I keep meaning to watch this. I hear it's good. My aunt is always posting clips on Facebook, but she's Panamanian so the clips are in Spanish, lol. Fun fact: in Spanish, the name of the show is The Autistic Doctor. Well, OK, let's not beat around the bush I guess!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Sky King. I so wanted to be Penny.
2. Game of Thrones
3. Game of Thrones
4. The Neighborhood
5. I haven’t been paying too much attention to new programming so I don’t know what is coming.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) The Smurfs, Muppet Babies, Star Trek, and V. As a young adult, it was Buffy the Vampire Slayer and X-Files.
2) Depends on my mood and if you mean something found on regular TV and not a series on a streaming service and has current episodes. On TV (and streaming) and only things that currently have new episodes: Doctor Who, The Good Place, Call the Midwife, The Great British Baking Show, and Superstore. Just streaming with new episodes expected: The Handmaid's Tale, The Umbrella Acadamy, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and The Boys.
3) Firefly, Cleverman, The Detectorists, and Raised by Wolves. If you have not seen these series, you really should. I would add Longmire and Gran Hotel (the Spanish version), but Longmire had a good ending and Gran Hotel had an almost perfect ending.
4) Anything "reality" that follow people around, most cooking competition shows, Love It or List It, and the newest version of Gran(d) Hotel.
5)I have not seen anything yet that has me excited to watch it.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) What was your favorite TV show as a child? I grew up watching a lot of classic sitcom reruns on Nick@Nite and I loved I Dream of Jeannie, I Love Lucy, Bewitched, and Laverne & Shirley. In high school, I was obsessed with the show Who's The Boss?
2) What is/was your favorite "more recent" show? Castle
3) What show do you wish they would bring back / never cancelled? Castle, of course. The 8th season was kind of crap, because the showrunners changed, but I'd love to have seen the show continue with the original showrunners.
4) What show do you wish they would cancel? All of those stupid adult cartoon shows with low-intellect humor (as I call it), like Family Guy and South Park.
5) What new show are you interested in watching? I have no idea what is starting up. I don't have cable, so I never see commercials for upcoming shows.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) What was your favorite TV show as a child? Looney Tunes, favorite being the Road Runner.

2) What is/was your favorite "more recent" show? I'm with you on Big Bang Theory. Pretty funny show.

3) What show do you wish they would bring back / never cancelled? Futurama, of course ;)

4) What show do you wish they would cancel? Anything involving those Kardashians.

5) What new show are you interested in watching? Nothing really, but since we don't do movies in the theater much I'm waiting for the new It Chapter 2 to come out on DVD.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
1) What was your favorite TV show as a child?
2) What is/was your favorite "more recent" show?
3) What show do you wish they would bring back / never cancelled?
4) What show do you wish they would cancel?
5) What new show are you interested in watching?
1) Leave It To Beaver, Bewitched & Mr. Ed
2) The Good Doctor
3) Law & Order and St. Elsewhere
4) The Bachelor
5) I'm not sure about the new shows yet