All 4 cats are going potty around the house help please

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4 cats i live in a rented house Blanket is 17 fixed female Mikaela 5-6yr old not fixed female Marty 3 yr old fixed male has intestinal issues Stefan 1yr old not fixed I'm making an appiontment soon to get the unfixed ones fixed.
In the last 3 days all the cats for some odd reason started going potty mostly pooping next to the frontdoor in the bathroom in multible spots and under the sofa anyone have an idea why they are doing this? Besides the 2 not being fixed And how do i stop it? And what do i use to un smell an effected areas? I'm currently using vinager and soap best i got right now I just put a cat box in the bathroom one next to the front door and one behind the sofa and theres one in a bedroom i have 4 cat boxes in total im planing on getting more because i had to move the boxes away from there normal spots i use tidy cat clumping litter i scoop it twice a day i don't think any of the cats have an infection nonthing has changed in there routin i'm so confused i usually figure out why the cats dont go in the boxes thanks on anyone that helps here

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 4 cats i live in a rented house Blanket is 17 fixed female Mikaela 5-6yr old not fixed female Marty 3 yr old fixed male has intestinal issues Stefan 1yr old not fixed I'm making an appiontment soon to get the unfixed ones fixed.
In the last 3 days all the cats for some odd reason started going potty mostly pooping next to the frontdoor in the bathroom in multible spots and under the sofa anyone have an idea why they are doing this? Besides the 2 not being fixed And how do i stop it? And what do i use to un smell an effected areas? I'm currently using vinager and soap best i got right now I just put a cat box in the bathroom one next to the front door and one behind the sofa and theres one in a bedroom i have 4 cat boxes in total im planing on getting more because i had to move the boxes away from there normal spots i use tidy cat clumping litter i scoop it twice a day i don't think any of the cats have an infection nonthing has changed in there routin i'm so confused i usually figure out why the cats dont go in the boxes thanks on anyone that helps here
Did anything change in your home, schedule, behavior etc when this started?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hormones really make cats act weird. Even other cat's hormones. You need to have the intact cats fixed right away. Nothing else will help if you have intact cats in the home.

I really hope you're keeping Mikaela FAR away from Stefan. I seem to remember you've been meaning to have Mikaela spayed for a very long time, what has happened that you haven't been able to have it done yet? You just really need to get it done or you're going to end up with kittens AGAIN and then they'll grow up and not be spayed and pee everywhere AGAIN.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the reason why because every time i make an appointment something comes up and then we have no money
like a month ago i was going to get mikaela and stefan fixed and then blanket got sick again real bad which took up the vet money
and nothing has changed everything stayed the same

mymykittymom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi...it sounds like it is a situation where they are marking by leaving these unwanted presents for you.I know my male who is neutered will take a dump on the floor if he is stressed out from something. Ex:he sees a male cat near his window...or when my ex would stop by to get stuff...or if he got stressed from another reason.He was a stray that adopted me and I suspect he was dumped because of the way he handles stress.He is fine otherwise.Hopefully after the spay or neutering is done things improve.
I use hydrogen peroxide or white vinegar and water 50....50 ..I use peroxide to neutralize as well. You want to neutralize the odor to deter them from leaving unwanted presents.
I also find feliway spray helps calm things down...you should call your vet and see what his or her thoughts are on this.