Alfie's Entropion Surgery - Please Help

w3rethebabies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi TCS, I know it's been a while since I visited the site but I come with a plea - help save Alfie's eyes!

You may remember my cat Alfie from the Cat Pages (Alfie! posted Dec. 20, 2013). This same baby boy now has a GoFundMe for entropion surgery (/AlfiesEyeSurgery on GoFundMe in case the link does not work). The surgery is scheduled for October 26th of this year and is estimated to cost about $2500. If you can make a donation at this time, any amount would be greatly appreciated. If you can't donate but can offer up your thoughts, prayers, good vibes, magic healing powers, or if you simply share Alfie's fundraiser page with your network, we'll gratefully accept that as well!
Thank you in advance for your kindness :lovecat3:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

w3rethebabies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi jcat, thanks for your note! I know that it is a generic note added after all pleas for money so I just want to say thank you for raising awareness about scams and for encouraging donors to be proactive about the veracity of pleas for money. I have included a photo of the vet estimate for the surgery on GoFundMe and encourage anyone who is considering a donation to check it out; I don't believe the hospital has any patient confidentiality clauses if you want to give them a call. Please also feel free to message or email me directly either on this site or through GoFundMe - I'm happy to answer any questions.

Thank you again for all of your love and support!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

w3rethebabies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I just wanted to pen a quick update as Alfie's eye surgery is just one month away. We're ONE THIRD of the way toward meeting our GoFundMe goal! We've been very busy these last few weeks moving apartments (heat and hot water included in the new one - score!). It's been a rather hectic time... without going into too much detail, we are relieved to be out of our old apartment and into the new one. Our new landlord even let us move in a few days early because of a raw sewage leak in basement of the old apartment. We are SO thankful for everyone who has supported and shared our cause. THANK YOU to anyone who donated anonymously. We know how blessed we are to receive your support, especially at a time when the world is in need of hurricane and earthquake disaster relief.