Air cooler help?

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have a suggestion on a portable air cooler / air conditioner that.. Actually preforms well; that doesn't require being vented?
I plan to move into a new room with specter and she get's hot in the summer, but there is only one tinnnnyyyy window in the room of which she really enjoys sitting in, so 1: it would be close to impossible to put an AC into it, and 2: it's the highlight of the room for her as she literally will live in this room until I can afford better.
Note, this is temporary. Maybe a year at most. However, she's been confined to rooms with scheduled walks for longer than this and has no issues in that regard.

So suggestions would be appreciated if you have any. I'm in a pickle! :confused2: :banana1:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure they all have to be vented, otherwise where would the warm air go? But the portable ones only need a small vent area, so maybe that would only take up part of the window and she could look out the other part :D.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
There are air conditioners now that sit on the floor and don’t need to take up all that window space. I would google and do online research to get reviews and see which ones function best.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could use a portable air conditioner. They are vented out the window through a hose, she should still be able to sit in the window and look out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You could use a portable air conditioner. They are vented out the window through a hose, she should still be able to sit in the window and look out.
OOPS, forgot to check this thread. Thank you, I've never seen those. that should work best and i'll start looking around for some, my idea would be to string the hose out of the room through the hallways window rather than hers