Agression In Our 4 Month Old Kitten

lil_lisa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I have posted about this before when we first got our kitten 2 months ago, he is now 4 months old and still no changes. He is very aggressive towards our 2 older resident cats. He attacks them out of no where and bites on them until they scream out and he chases them all over the house. This is not play biting, this is a very mean biting. So our 2 resident cats don't like to be in the house at all, they like to be outside away from kitten so they don't get attacked. My fear is that with fall and winter approaching they will want to be in the house more but won't due to kitten and they could possibly run away. I have used water spray bottle towards kitten when he does attack them but it doesn't seem to phase him. I have to put kitten in another room at night to avoid kitten attacks at night. I am planning on getting kitten fixed next week, so my question is do you think getting him fixed will tame him down and not be so aggressive? Because at this point if it doesn't my husband and I have decided that we won't let our 2 resident cats live in fear all fall and winter due to kitten beating them up, so we would have to take him to shelter and turn him in and this is just breaking my heart because the kitten is really sweet when he is by himself and alone with me.
I have read many articles on what to do and have tried many with no luck. I hope someone here maybe had the same problem and found something that works or just maybe getting him fixed will calm him down.

Thanks

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi.
Getting him fixed will help. I don't know how much, you'll have to wait until his system clears all the testosterone, and then see how he behaves.
Here's hoping!!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree that getting him fixed might be a big help. However, for about 30 days he might still have enough testosterone to still think that he is the same guy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lil_lisa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well we got the kitten fixed and it's been now over 30 days and seem's getting him fixed did not help his aggressiveness. He still very much attacks my other cats constantly. I am debating on taking him to the vet to see about medication to calm him down or see what they suggest. This is so very upsetting because it's now close to winter time and cats are more indoors now and the attacking is even more present.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Oh gosh I'm sorry to hear this!
Can you keep him separated now and then to give the other cats a break? Can you play with him, a lot, even maybe a laser light?, to wear him out?

You might ask your vet what s/he thinks about CBD oil, some people have had good results regarding calming effects.