Aggressive- I need help!

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a male 1 year old male cat that keeps aggressively attacking my 2 1/2 year old female. He is fine with the other cats (males and females). Beaux will seek Freckles out and attack her, even in the middle of the night when she is in bed with us sleeping. How can I stop this behavior. I don't want to have to lock him up but I think I may have to. This is a new behavior for him, it just started last week.

Oh, just a little more info. ALL of the males are neutered and all except 1 female is spayed. Baby Girl just had a litter of kittens 4 weeks ago but she will be getting spayed as soon as the kittens are weaned.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's probably the hormones from the mom cat that's setting him off. Every time there are cats in heat in my neighborhood (3 less as of today since I trapped them and they're getting fixed) my oldest male tries to mate with my youngest male. They make a racket. If this just started a week ago I suspect it will subside as the kittens are weaned and momma is fixed. In the meantime, you may need to separate them.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is just a year old, approaching the terrible teens........How long have you had him and at what age was he neutered?
Is the new mom and her litter kept separate?
It does sound like he is showing signs of aggressive stress. He is taking it out on the in his eyes weakest, neutral kitty in his path. Do you know if he targets Freckles more in your presence?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Trust me Freckles is not the weakest. She used to be the aggressor. Now she will just growl or hiss if the other cats come near her. She pretty much stays in my room (by her own choice) when she's inside. I have had Beaux since he was about 5 weeks old. He was a rescue. He was neutered a couple of weeks ago.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, then he still has a LOT of testosterone floating around in there. Once they're allowed to mature into tomcats it's anybody's guess what will happen. Hopefully once it clears out he'll mellow a bit.